help with turning signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with turning signal

hey I have a 96 camaro and for some reason my whole left side of my car doesnt light up. my head lights turn on. my turning signal turns on but doesnt blink and my left back tail light doesnt turn on. This happens when my car feels like. one day everything works then another day it craps out on me. I took it to a shop a couple of times and they said that they fixed it but it still happens. anybody have any clue on what the hell is going on with my car. is it a wiring problem or what???

Re: help with turning signal

i had close to the same problem.. was about to take it to get the wireing checked... but the day before i was about to take it i took my tail light out and one of the bulbs was burnt out. replaced it and everyting was fine ever sence :rolleyes: mines a 95 btw

so check all of your bulbs

Comment

Originally posted by 3800camaro96
      hey I have a 96 camaro and for some reason my whole left side of my car doesnt light up. my head lights turn on. my turning signal turns on but doesnt blink and my left back tail light doesnt turn on. This happens when my car feels like. one day everything works then another day it craps out on me. I took it to a shop a couple of times and they said that they fixed it but it still happens. anybody have any clue on what the hell is going on with my car. is it a wiring problem or what???
      could be the wiring, could be a bad socket in left rear or even just a bad bulb but considering the randomness, i would guess the socket. Obviously i would suggest checking the bulb and check how well the bulb sits in the socket. just do some looking around in that area. see if anything is burnt.
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Your blinker fluid is low, sounds like it needs to be refilled.

Seriously though, it could be a short in your wire or a bad bulb.
        <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Originally posted by camaro_speedemon
          Your blinker fluid is low, sounds like it needs to be refilled.

Seriously though, it could be a short in your wire or a bad bulb.

lol, I wonder how many people will actually try to purchase this.

Favorite sentence, "Blinks Harder, Faster, Longer!!"

Comment

just had the same problem man, all mine was was the relay for the turn signal, check the bulbs in there too make sure theyre all good, inside each turn signal bulb are two separate elements, ones for the constant parking light when you have ur car on, and one element is just for the blinky part of the turn signal, so either the bulb is bad or its ur relay, which is the thing you hear that clicks when you turn on ur turn signal. its under ur steering wheel, all you have to do is take off the hush panels that are under the steering wheel, and turn ur turn signal on, and find where the clicky sound is coming from, if its even clicking anymore, if its not, its a little round cylinder thing, with an L shaped plug on it. you can pick up a new relay at ur local auto parts store for 10-15 bucks, and to replace the bulbs in the parking light, theyre about 5 bucks. What happened to mine was there was water sitting in the parking light housing, and it fryed out the bulb and the relay, good luck..let us know how it goes

Comment

Had this same problem on mine too. Drove me crazy for a couple of weeks because sometimes it would work perfectly and then for what semed like no reason it would quit. Finally tracked it to a defective bulb in the drivers side tailight. The bulb looked fine but one of the filaments was loose on one end and when it vibrated sometimes it made contact sometimes it didn't.
              95 Red Camaro 3.4L V6 A4

Comment

thanks everyone. I had my bulbs changed like 3 times already. so it my be the relay???

Comment

yeah, id think so, if you dont want to just spend 10 bucks for a new one and want to make sure, take it off of another car, like a friends or somethin, and swap em and see if it works. btw...did it fix the problem when you changed ur bulbs, cause mine kept getting water sitting in the parking light housing after it would rain, and it would either pop the bulb, or short the relay out.
                  Last edited by astroglyph; 04-07-2006, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X