Did Smog Repair and got a problem.... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Smog Repair and got a problem....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Smog Repair and got a problem....

This might be a long one...

Ok, so my car did not pass emission in Cali. Well, I decided to take my car to a Smog Repair center about 2 days ago. I get it back, take it to a smog test only center, it passes emissions. Yesterday, I drove my GF to UCLA and car was running wonderful. Today I get a call from a job I got recently and they told me to report today to work ( my first day ). So I get on the car, drive, get on the freeway, car seems fine. All of a sudden, my freaking car starts losing power. I give it gas, but it won't go. Then there was a rattle underneath the car. I pull over to the shoulder, and the car turns off and the "Check Gauges" light is on. I turn it on again, car starts stuttering, turns off. Did the same thing 3 times. I decide to try to drive the car out of the freeway and was able to. I take it to a mechanics place and tell them the problem. Well guess what? Guy turns the car on, stupid car doesn't shut off on him. Turned the car on/off about 5 times and nothing!!! WTF! So I decided to take it to pepboys, and guess what? They told me nothing was wrong and that the car runs great. Am I going nuts or what?? This is what they found wrong and did to my car at the smog repair station...

*EGR Valve Passage clogged.
    *EGR Valve Pipe Broken.

-Welded the EGR valve pipe.
    -Clean EGR Valvae Pipe Passage.

Might any of what they did cause my car to act weird? I was driving at about 60-70 mph in the freeway at the time when it happened. The car is running smooth now, but I am worried that it will happen to me again and me losing the job I recently got. Please, any feedback or ideas will be much appreaciated.

Car is: 94 Camaro 3.4L

BTW: Would this happen if the car was to be cold? I didn't warm the car up and left in a hurry.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X