baaaah door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baaaah door

ok, 98 firebird, i need to get the passenger door off so i can get at all the bolts on the crappy monsoon speaker which pretty much disinegrated. i know i know look at the guide to replace the window motor, well i did, it got me most of the way but it seems like the closer i get to the hinge something just will not give up, i got the bolt behiend the handle, under the handle, and in the door pocket, plus the little trim piece behiend the mirror, i cant see any more bolts, it just does NOT want to litf out, the part farthest away from the hinge will come, but after i progress a little further in it will simply not budge, any suggestions will be appreciated:twak:

Re: baaaah door

I don't understand -- you trying to remove the passenger door completely? Maybe it's safer not to do that unless you really know what u are doing. Suggestion - if you are trying to get at some metallic nuts and bolts inside the door or hard to reach places, you could try using one of those magnetic telescopic thingys which looks like an antenna. They should sell it at home depot or auto hardware store.

Comment

noooooo, not the whole door, just the interior panel, but that sob wont lift off closer to the inside by the speakers, if you are looking at the door open, the right side of the panel i can get to come up, the left side wont budge, its acting like there is another screw but i cant find it for the life of me

Comment

They build some of the components of these cars like a jigsaw puzzle. Even when it looks like there is no way to dismantle it, there is probably an easy way to do it. But if you don't have the dang service manual or never worked somewhere where they showed you how to do it, it could prove a hellish experience. Do you have the manual, does it say anything in there?

Comment

manual doesnt say anything, i just need to get a service manual, wouldnt hurt in the future anyways, i just have to be missing something, it seems that that whole door pocket thing should come off, but i dont want to force and break anything :(

Comment

i knew i had to be missing a screw, i found it, i feel like a moron, but she was a little hidden

Comment

Just wait until you have to get the panel back on. Thats the hard part. When you can get it on and off in under 2 minutes you will know that you have taken them off entirely too many times.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
                Just wait until you have to get the panel back on. Thats the hard part. When you can get it on and off in under 2 minutes you will know that you have taken them off entirely too many times.
                thats the way i was getting with the camry, i got speakers IN both of the doors and put them back together in i would say under 20 minutes, i would say closer to 15, but it was an accomplishment:banana:

Comment

bwahahahahaha yeah indeed the hard part is NOT taking it off BUT putting it back on!! hard? no ***** sometimes yes! cause if ones thing is outta line then ERRGGHH!!! especially at night!!

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
                    Putting them back on was such a pain in the ***. What made it better was it looked like the person before me had them taken off (or did it himself) to fix the cracks that develop in all F-bodies and he tore one of the hooks.

I actually drove around a couple days without the panels :D
                    2000 M5 Pewter Firebird [Monsoon stereo]<br /><a href=\"http://www.centerlinewheels.com/sub_wheel.php?mw_id=2\" target=\"_blank\">16\" Centerline Galaxy Wheels</a> . <a href=\"http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/\" target=\"_blank\">Headlight fix</a> . Under dash lighting . Dashmat . Headlight conversion<br />84k miles<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/tucsonbird\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a><br />Tucson, AZ

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X