No announcement yet.

Loosing Coolant, mechanic stumped!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generally a head gasket going shows up on a compression check, any good mechanic should have checked your cylinder compression... That one almost worries me a bit that they didn't... But anyways that is a good thing to look at, if you are burning it internally, that would cause it to disapear. Another thing you might want to check just incase they didn't, take a look around the heater core and see if its leaking at all. Beyond those, its leaking outside the car and you just gotta find it.
    1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

outside?
      I did a compression check on mine. Seems okay...
      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

An update, the problem was found.
        The upper and lower Intake Manifold Gaskets were crappy.
        1998 Pontiac Firebird 3800 auto (daily)<br />1957 Ford Fairlane 292 V8 3spd (project)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikos95:
          Beyond those, its leaking outside the car and you just gotta find it.
          what do you mean? "its leaking outside the car"???
          [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]
          I'm so glad that THEPLOAD had bad intake gaskets, cause I too was loosing coolant and I just changed mine *crosses fingers*
          Glad you got it fixed dude!
          2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Its soooo obvious that some 3.8s are having intake gasket leaks. bad luck, yes
            but dont deny it

Comment

Originally posted by CDNFB:
              Yup, immersion heater put in place of one of the frost plugs.

I only have one cord that connects to:
              1) block heater,
              2) interior warmer

In the past I have had up to 3, the third one for the battery blanket!

I remember being in the states on holiday and the old man left the cord hanging out. Many people thought we had an electric car!!

Sorry getting off track here.

DZ
              you crazy canadians... you guys like hockey way too much to have to actually warm up your car. especially an f-body. if you gotta warm it up, how the hell do you people get through the snow thats gotta be 10 feet high like in michigan's upper penninsula?

oh btw, i think hockey is greatest gift to man tho. i just wouldnt sacrifice the time and PITA for it.
              2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

oh, and speaking of hockey, did anyone see that sweet move Pavel Datzuk did in the shootout last night? i think i creamed my pants when i saw it. heh, i figure he found his problem so i can whore the thread. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X