Turn signal prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn signal prob

Hey guys! Yesterday I just replaced my stock turn signals with the clear diamond ones. The new signals came with orange bulbs and I replaced the regular bulbs with the new orange ones.

So today, I went to use my left turn signal and on the dash, the left arrow (driver side)just stayed lit. The right one works fine and blinks. So when I came to a parking lot, I got out and left the lights on. Both drivers side lights are on! I used the hazards and now both flash on the dash and all lights flash EXCEPT the drivers side front.

Anyone have any clue? I don't think its the new bulbs because they are both lit. Thanks for your help guys!

I was having a problem with my brake lights where everytime I turned the car on, it would blow a fuse. I had just replaced the bulb in the passenger side brakelight compartment and the bulb DID light up..it was just causing problems. Turns out, the bulb was defective and it was causing me to blow a fuse every time I started the car. (which in turn blew 4 other fuses every time the one blew lol) So I replaced the bulb, and all of the fuses (for the 3rd time :mad: ) and I turned on the car and it worked just fine.

So I guess the moral of the story is that it could be the lightbulb that's giving you trouble? Just replace the bulb itself and see if that helps you any. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ November 29, 2003: Message edited by: 97CamaroRS ]</p>
    1997 Camaro RS A4 <br />3.08 Rear<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/470169\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/470169</a><p>Mods:<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler <br />MSD Ignition Coils<p>Soon to be installed:<br />3.42 Gears<br />MSD Plug Wires

Comment

Hmm...just went in the garage and thought I'd try again.

With hazards, the instrument panel arrows flash and both rears flash and the front passenger side flash, drivers side does not.

With headlights and drivers lights, all are lit.

When the left signal is applied, instrument panel arrow stays solid, front drivers side doesn't even come on (or, if lights are on, just stays solid) and rear stays solid (but at least is lit).

I checked and the bulbs on the drivers side are all lit & working.

Comment

When the dash light just stays lit, that is the cars way of telling you that the blinker bulb is burnt out, but if the bulb is clearly not bad, then you gotta think harder [img]tongue.gif[/img]

If you think what happens when a light burns out, you relize that the circuit is broken when the filament of the bulb blows out. Therefore, there must me some break in the circuit.

Check to make sure the contacts in the socket are clean and not bent all up, then check you new bulb to make sure those little wires are bent in the right direction.

My guess would be that either the socket is damaged or the little wire contacts on the bulb are bent the wrong way.

If that fails, get out your 12vt test light and start searching for a break in the cicuit.

[ November 29, 2003: Message edited by: PewterBird ]</p>
        Cardomain

Comment

Run a test. Take the orange bulb out, put your old clear one in and see if the signal works. If it does you know it is the orange bulb at fault.
          2001 Camaro M5 Coupe(1 of 2,737), no options, Whisper Lid, K&N Air Filter, Free Ram Air, MAFS Screen removed, SLP Manual Fan Switch, 160 thermo, DEE\'s T/B Spacer, EGR Block-off plate, IAT resistor, CAI to EGR air feed, B&M Ripper Shifter, SLP Replacement Grill, T/A Exhaust, SLP five spoke take-off wheels, BMR strut-tower brace, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR 32/21 front & rear sway bars with poly, BMR Poly/Combo Rear Control Arms, Clear front & rear corners, HPP3 modified 87 Octane program.<p><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/red2k1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/red2k1</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Blizzard96:
            Hey guys! Yesterday I just replaced my stock turn signals with the clear diamond ones. The new signals came with orange bulbs and I replaced the regular bulbs with the new orange ones.

So today, I went to use my left turn signal and on the dash, the left arrow (driver side)just stayed lit. The right one works fine and blinks. So when I came to a parking lot, I got out and left the lights on. Both drivers side lights are on! I used the hazards and now both flash on the dash and all lights flash EXCEPT the drivers side front.

Anyone have any clue? I don't think its the new bulbs because they are both lit. Thanks for your help guys!
            <hr></blockquote>

Try putting in a heavy duty flasher relay, should solve your problem....it did mien.
            Joel<br />God is my copilot, but Satan has his foot on the gas!<br />94 3.4L AutoCamaroRagtop w/MSD ignition,Accelcoilpacks,K&N FIPK,BMR SFC&STB,3\"Catco w/3\"catbackSS muffler,JetStage 2,HomemadePIAAheadlightconversion <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              2 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X