Heh, I got a letter from the dealer wanting to buy my car back - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heh, I got a letter from the dealer wanting to buy my car back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heh, I got a letter from the dealer wanting to buy my car back

apparently since the demand on these cars has skyrocketed the last year or two since GM stopped making them they want to buy my car back from me for more than what they sold it to me for, or they would consider swapping my car in for a new Dodge since I got it 2 years used from a Dodge dealership. I think it's kinda funny, but unless they want to give me a Viper for it, I'm keeping it. LOL

[ November 28, 2003: Message edited by: Golbez ]</p>
    \'01 Trans Am WS6 5.7L M6<br />Stock now w/ K&N and whisper lid<br />Coming soon: B&B Triflow catback, MAF, 85mm throttlebody, headers, supercharger?

definatly hold out for the viper, or the ram srt :D
    - \"So you have something to look at when you\'re talking to \'em\" - <br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=296916\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=296916</a>

Comment

i have experienced the opposite
      Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Comment

i wish they'd buy mine back for more than i bought it for lol...i bought mine in 99 and it's a 97. i'd go buy a Gran Prix GTP Comp G if I could oooooooh
        [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]
        1997 Camaro RS A4 <br />3.08 Rear<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/470169\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/470169</a><p>Mods:<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler <br />MSD Ignition Coils<p>Soon to be installed:<br />3.42 Gears<br />MSD Plug Wires

Comment

yeah i wish they'd buy mine back too!
          i bought my 98 bird from a dodge dealer...

i'd sell it back and get an SUV because, i love f-bodys and all, but i am sick of being soo LOW!
          <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuprSpdDB7:

i'd sell it back and get an SUV because, i love f-bodys and all, but i am sick of being soo LOW!
            <hr></blockquote>

That's actually why they want to buy the Camaro back from him...som they can try and talk him into buying a SUV. The dealerships are drowning in them lately, and they need to dump them.
            Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

I swap it for the new ram with the hemi in an instant
              Andrew

Comment

how much did they offer you?

Comment

if the dealership only knew what i did to my car, a darn viper would be in order.....or at least a vette :D
                  6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Pewter99Camaro:
                    I swap it for the new ram with the hemi in an instant<hr></blockquote>

that truck sucks... for real... almost as bad as "the new f-150", whatever, :rolleyes:

merlin
                    2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

Wow. I can see why. They are becoming harder and harder to find down here. I sold my used v6 for 12,000. It had nothing on it. I took off all the mods and the stereo. I sold it cause it was a salvage so it was losing its value all the time. I only paid 6500 for it so I walked away a happy guy. Only thing is I have yet to find another f-bod. I am looking for one with t-top and an auto. All the dealers I have been to down here have not had any in or way overly priced. I'm going on a road trip in a couple of weeks to try and find one hopefully.
                      98 Camaro V6

Comment

I bet about 400 other people got letters telling them they'd like to buy back their car. My family is in the car business and thats what dealerships have printing companies do. They give them their client/customer list with what car they bought and when. its all input in to a database and then they type up a letter where it inputs specific data in to specific slots. ;) Its all a big scam to try and get you to trade in your car and buy something else. It usually means they are desperate to make a sale! :D
                        Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                          New Owner!
                          by LETZRIDE
                          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                          3 days ago
                        • ssms5411
                          Little work today
                          by ssms5411
                          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                          2 weeks ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X