Do you get an ses light for misfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you get an ses light for misfire

Hey if you got a pack going bad do you get an ses light. How can i tell if there bad mine has 123,000 on them. Also whats the part number for the one's from msd
    My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

I don't know the part number but yes you do get an ses light.
    If it is on constant then it could be just one misfire.
    If it blinks it is a multiple misfire
    How do I know?
    I'm on my second engine :D
    Been there, done that
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

I don't think 3.4s get SES for much lol

I once ran on THREE cyls for about a 1000 miles, and with no 02 sensors or egr, and who knows wth else, NO SES !!!!

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

sweet maybe thats why my car seems like crap on wheels it's missing a cyl
        My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

Comment

if you're missing a cylinder, you'll know it. take off will be very sluggish and it will idle/drive very rough. It sounds like *** too [img]tongue.gif[/img]
          1994 Camaro 3.4L M5 R.I.P.<br />You know what they say- a small engine means big... errr... e/t\'s<br /><a href=\"http://www.pbase.com/rrj72/the_accident\" target=\"_blank\">www.pbase.com/rrj72/the_accident</a><p>replaced with: red 97 A4 vert (my brothers as soon as i find my REAL replacement)<p>soon to come: 1969 RS/SS<p>\"All you need are the esentials: scented candles, massage oil, and Berry White write that down.\" -Van Wilder

Comment

The ODBI computers don't report (or record, for that matter) misfires.

I had a coil pack go bad and drove about 1,200 miles and no light.

-Brian
            Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X