• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another misfire thread

I've been having bad misfire.
    I dont think my wires are bad, cause I dont see
    any ARCing at night.
    I just changed the plugs, so it cant be the plugs.

Its either got to be bad Coils or ICM.
    I've got some spare Coils and ICM.
    Just need some advice.
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

What are the codes? If any???

Comment

p0300 - general misfire
      but I'm getting like 200 misfires in a cycle
      (i dont know how long the cycle is, according to HPTuners)

I have a tool that connects between the spark plug and the wire(from HarborFreight). It tells you if theres an Ignition or Fuel problem.

I think I'm just gonna have to put on some new coils and see if that fixes it.
      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

my super duper Wal-Mart plugs are gapped at .60"

Comment

maybe I should just swap coils out, until I get a specific misfire code.
          It could be either coil,ICM, or fuel injector.

Comment

you could have a short in the fuel injector wires. When you replace your intake gaskets take a good look at them. I found to places on my wires with the wire exposed, i cant beleve it was no shorting out against anything! Also, if you have tryed every thing...it could be your computer. Im glad i dont have your car, i swear id take some of my armor piercing bullets and shoot them through that engine block. Then id burn that *****.
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

i was getting the same thing. i had a cylinder 6 misfire. changed all my plugs and it was still happening. next day i changed my wires and that did it. when i took out my #6 wire the boot was pulled away from the rest of the wire and then it just fell off. i would just change your wires first. they arent that expensive and if that doesnt fix it, well you at least have new wires and its something you dont have to worry about later
              '99 Camaro Y87 M5 T-tops
              Flowmaster american thunder cat back, 2.5" magnaflow high flow cat, centerforce dual friction clutch

Car Domain

Comment

i'm gonna try to test Ohm Resistance per the Haynes manual on the wires.
                Maybe switch coils around.
                My coils dont look corroded, but that doesnt mean they're good.
                Maybe water got inside the ICM?

It Pisses me off that my engine only has
                p0300 through p0304.
                It has "general misfire"(p0300), then p0301 - p0304, so it only detects cylinders 1 - 4, forget about 5 & 6! grrrr I guess if you get p0300 like I do, its probably on 5 and/or 6!? lol

and Bobbyz72, what size rounds are those? You shouldnt be giving me ideas....... ;) [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

Comment

tap the ignition module (lightly) while engine is running. this helps to see if you have a bad connection. listen to the motor while doing so. it also helps if you have an exteranal tac (like a small engine analyzer with inductive pickup) so that you can watch the rpms. also lightly fiddle with the ingintion harnes in the back... same idea as above. sometimes those wires on the harnes come loose.
                  01 Firebird A4 3.42
                  Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                  and other mods
                  Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

and Bobbyz72, what size rounds are those? You shouldnt be giving me ideas.......

I have several hundred green tip steel core 223... a few hundred black tip steel core 30-06, and about 80 black tip steel core 308. I figure you bring that car down to our propery near columbus, we start it up, and let it have it. We could video tape it and sell copys for everyones enjoyment ;)
                    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

lol...dont mean to be talking bad about your car,,,but you have to admit, it is kinda funny. Do you have any pics of this car. [img]graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

of those choices, I will take the 30-06!
                        it would be awesome to record that!
                        who cares about this POS, its well worth it
                        to see schrapnel cut through the block like butter.

Comment

I can almost guarantee that its your coil pck my car was misfireing really bad so i changed the wires and plugs but it didnt help untill i put in a new coilpack

Comment

thanks, thats what i'm thinkin
                            i gotta test the ohm resistance for them
                            but I dont know how to get primary and secondary resistance?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X