Help! cold engine idle problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! cold engine idle problem

Every time my car completely cools off it wont idle and it dies, then its is hard to start agian, but it is only when i have the clutch held in or push on it slightely , if i let the clutch out it will idle just fine. Once the car is warmed up it does not do it anymore and will idle with the clutch in or out. there arent any code or an SES light. i have check the fuel presure and its fine, changed the cool and temp sender, all the voltages are ok (alternater is farily new and its a good battery), i have checked for any wires grounding around the clutch. if any sensors whet bad the would do it all the time...wouldnt they? i work for saturn and have asked many techs and they are baffled. My dad doesnt know and he has talk to many people and techs he knows. Has anyone heard of this before or have any ideas. Im really open for suggestions right now. plz help!

[ September 18, 2002: Message edited by: Fear_Factor ]</p>
    1995 black firebird,t-tops,3.4L M5 Comp cam,gutted cat,Cold Air,80 series flowmaster,limited slip rear end with 3.42 gear, Hurst Billet Plus, 17\" American Racin Torq Thrust II

Oh yeah and its not the pcm, cause i switched it with a second one i had and it didnt solve the problem.
    1995 black firebird,t-tops,3.4L M5 Comp cam,gutted cat,Cold Air,80 series flowmaster,limited slip rear end with 3.42 gear, Hurst Billet Plus, 17\" American Racin Torq Thrust II

Comment

stange one, i was gonna say fuel system/injectors, but you said your fuel pressure is normal.

Comment

I realize this thread is really old, but my car is doing almost exactly what Fear_Factor's was back then, and I'm wondering if anyone has ever found out what caused it. I only figured out that the crappy idle was happening when the clutch was in yesterday; before I assumed it happened no matter what. Unlike Fear_Factor, however, my car only has this problem maybe 2 out of 5 cold starts, rather than every time, and it doesn't die, it just idles really badly, often dropping below 500 rpm and threatening to die. Any ideas?

Comment

This has happened to my car before also. Unfortunately, I was ****faced drunk and was having a friend of mine drive my car for me. He started it up and it sounded like it had a big cam in it. Real low RPM's. But it hasn't done it since that night.
          FTRA kit, Whisper Lid, free ram air mod, Richmond 3.73 gears, Dynomax Catback, Poly Tranny mount, Vette Wheels, Expensive Audio equipment :). HID headlight Kit, Billet Grille, Billet Antenna, Eurotails, Carsound Cat

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            3 days ago
          • ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            2 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X