Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Thermostart Question?

Will a 160 work in a 99 firebird? No SES lights or anything
    Mike<br /><a href=\"http://www.my99firebird.gq.nu\" target=\"_blank\">www.my99firebird.gq.nu</a>

should be fine. pretty cold for winter. may not get any heat until it gets up to normal operating temp.
    97 GT coupe. SLP cai gutted,DHP, 180t-stat,EPP coolant plug,NGK\'s,STB\'s,ZZP pulleys,MAF screen u-bend&resonator removed,reflective concepts,GPS dual tips.<br />71 CHEVELLE 358ci 12.10@108 & 10.81 @121 on NOS w/1.47 60ft

Comment

No SES on my 2000.

-Justin
      <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

Comment

ok thanks guy...I'm not going to do it until winter is over
        Mike<br /><a href=\"http://www.my99firebird.gq.nu\" target=\"_blank\">www.my99firebird.gq.nu</a>

Comment

you are aware that you'll run at 190-210 unless you install fan switch anyway, right?
          my suggestion for 160 stat on OBD-II vehicles is [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
          ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

Why not throw in a 180 degree thermostat and use it all year round?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              3 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X