rear tail lights melting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear tail lights melting?

checked cannot find a post on a similar problem, so here it is :toward the outward ends of the red part of tail lights there seems to be a crease probably from heat warping.sometimes i put on the black tail light covers ,but lately kept 'em off thinking they may be what cause it.they could be trapping heat thus causing the melting?WOULD APPRECIATE SOME FEED BACK OF ANYONE WHO HAS HAD THIS HAPPEN (OR OPPINIONS OF WHY ITS OCCURRING)& OF COURSE A FIX.btw rear lamps are good& right #s. even replaced with new ones to make sure.& no the brake lights are not always on...
    geocor

yes the blackouts will keep the heat in and melt the tail lights inward, i didnt believe that that is what caused mine till i saw pics of a few other cars with the dented in tail's like mine that all had blackouts.

i fixed it by getting rid of the blackouts (actually they were stolen) and getting new tail lights
    -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

Comment

mine did it too...damn blackouts.
      If sex is a pain in the *** you\'re doing it wrong!!! (Rodney Daingerfield)

Comment

My did not, and I went through the whole summer with them, hand to take them off for winter
        -Paul-<br /><br />03 Lancer Evolution VIII<br /><br />1998 Camaro M5 - Traded

Comment

Mine did too....doesn't matter....can't see through the blackouts anyway
          <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

Thats weird. I've had blakouts on mine for probably around a year and a half, and haven't seen any problem with them. I also have NO prolem seeing my brake lights through them either.

Comment

what make are the black outs? my neibor had avs on his camaro and they were fine.
              2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

mine were AVS and they melted, i cant recall how long i had them on the car(it was a few years ago)but most of my driving is done at night
                -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

Comment

i have one GTS one (otherone blew off at 118), and had both on for about 6 months, and didnt have any problems with it.

plus, my taillights are so damn bright that i never got pulled over, even at night. the blackouts made the light brightness somewhat normal.

Comment

Mine are AVS, and I haven't had any problems with them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X