removing bezel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing bezel

i've gotta 2002 camaro. how do i remove the gage cluster/bezel??

from searching, i gather i need to remove the driver's side kick panel, (by knees) and the radio trim. do i need to remove anything else to expose the bolts/screws??

--matt

You just need to remove the under dash panel and the two screws on the top of the bezel. It will help if you remove the 2 bolts that hold the steering column up too.
    <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

did this today

the only thing you really have to remove is that plastic thing that surrounds the cluster...there are two screws at the top, and 4 clips on the bottom...easy.

then there are 4 screws that hold the cluster in. if you want to remove the cluster without lowering the steering column, you need to split the cluster in half. there's "warranty void if broken" tape around the cluster...cut those. then there are 2 clips on the top, and 4 clips on the bottom you have to open up. then you can remove the clear plastic piece.

then pull the rear section straight out. there's a serial port back there so you've gotta pull it straight out, or you're going to bend the pins.

installation is the reverse of the removal

--matt

Comment

oh, & i'm now SES free ;)

it's an LED that needs to be desoldered from the circuit board. pretty easy to do if you have a soldering iron & soldering wick

--matt

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by awesomeame:
          oh, & i'm now SES free ;)

it's an LED that needs to be desoldered from the circuit board. pretty easy to do if you have a soldering iron & soldering wick

--matt
          <hr></blockquote>

GOOD JOB??? Now you will have no clue when you really do have a problem. If its a cat SES that can be solved with a simple O2 sim.
          <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by speedy-v6-camaro:

GOOD JOB??? Now you will have no clue when you really do have a problem. If its a cat SES that can be solved with a simple O2 sim.
            <hr></blockquote>

i get the P0300 code from my cam, so the light is always on, and doesn't tell me if there's something besides the P0300 setting a code anyways...i have to do scans regardless to see if there are any other codes present besides the P0300

but you're right, i wouldn't advise doing this unless you're in a situation like myself ;)

--matt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              3 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X