Foglights on Firebird hard to replace? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foglights on Firebird hard to replace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foglights on Firebird hard to replace?

My passanger side fog lamp went out (the white one not the yellow one). They're $56 from the dealer. Are they hard to replace or is it pretty easy?

How do you get it out?
    \'01 Trans Am WS6 5.7L M6<br />Stock now w/ K&N and whisper lid<br />Coming soon: B&B Triflow catback, MAF, 85mm throttlebody, headers, supercharger?

don't buy it from the dealer, go to autozone, it'll be like $4. there is a panel under the light, you undo the bolts and it swings down, then you turn the thing that holds the light and pull it out of the socket. after that, just put the new light in the socket, and put it back where it came from... you'll want to turn it on and make sure it works before you re-do the panel though, so be sure to do that, and good luck!

Comment

what he said
      00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

yes its very easy
        Does anyone have the part number for the actual housing?? I replaced my fog lights with a 50W HID fog light bulb.....needless to say they melted and i need new ones......thanks
        Mike<br /><a href=\"http://www.my99firebird.gq.nu\" target=\"_blank\">www.my99firebird.gq.nu</a>

Comment

Just curious - can't you just put the lights up and then reach down in there from above? That's how I changed the parking lamp bulb.
          I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
          CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
          FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

man that reminds me I need to replace a parking lamp on the right side of my car too, it's the yellow rectangle one

The only thing about getting it from Autozone would be if it would be the same as the stock one on the other side. I think it's annoying having a bright *** light on one side and a barely lit light on the other, looks tacky IMO.
            \'01 Trans Am WS6 5.7L M6<br />Stock now w/ K&N and whisper lid<br />Coming soon: B&B Triflow catback, MAF, 85mm throttlebody, headers, supercharger?

Comment

Just courious, Do you have an extended factory warrenty on the car? Cause if you do the dealership should replace the bulbs under warrenty. I have had 3 blubs replaced on my 00 camaro that way.

[ November 28, 2003: Message edited by: tease ]</p>
              y87, GFX pkg, 5 spoke chrome rims, and 20% tint, 69 chrome camaro fender emblems, 2 3/4 inch cowl hood, built 3.8 series 2 motor(all forged),Heads and Cam, race prep trans, 3200 stall, full exhaust, and some suspension work.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                2 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X