Ignition Coils/Control Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition Coils/Control Module

hey guys i got a question. ok about two months ago i was leaving work and my car just would not start up. it was cranking it just wasnt turning over. so i knew i wasnt getting a spark. so i went out and changed out all three ignition coils. now last night when i was about to leave work i started up and then it just died. now im wondering if its my coils again, is there a bigger problem than just some bad ignition coils. could a control module going bad cause the coils to go bad.

Coils won't go bad that quick unless they are damaged realy badly or there just crap.
    Do an ohm check on your coils that should tell you some thing.
    It's most likey some thing else.
    \'85 Z28, T-tops new LG4 and TH700<br />\'85 3.4L 5-speed<br />mods: <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/oil_pan_4\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/oil_pan_4</a> the nitrous exhaust O2 safety, pg 3. <br />Areo space materal engineer wantabe

Comment

Autozone has a machine that will test coils/ICM for free.
      1993 Camaro 3.4L A4 many mods comin for 2004<br /><br />\"The last thing I wanted was to get in a fight in Jackson, Mississippi on a Saturday night\"

Comment

would anything else be causing this problem. if those two are good what else can i check.

Comment

hey guys good news changed ignition coil and started up just fine. i got one question though, if only one coil went bad, how come i wasnt running on four cylinders?

Comment

if the coil was bad, or was shorted intrnaly the pcm minght not let it spark to protect the ICM, or i dont think it will start on 4 cuase i had 2 plugs out and i could not get mine to start
            www.turbov6camaro.com
            1997 3800 Series II Camaro
            4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
            7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
            11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

thanx to everyone for your help it was very helpfull.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X