Headlight problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight problem

Autoparts stores must have a great market for 93-97 Camaro headlights...considering they cost $26 per bulb :mad:

I have replaced all of my headlights once now..and recently had to replace the same one again.

I replaced my drivers side headlight December 24th..and the other day it decided to not work. I pulled over, punched it with my fist, and the whole light flashed bright blue. Great, the bulb just blew. I pull into my driveway, and kick the light with my boot (steel toe). All of a sudden, the light turns on,,,and stays on.

The next night, the light is off as usual. Hitting it lighly won't fix it. A lot of force has to be applied to turn it on. Fine, I'll kick the **** out of it every night to get it on [img]smile.gif[/img]

Tonight....the car has been garaged all day. I take it out at night to get some gas. The light works right away..with no force applied. I pull out into the rain and get gas. Once I start my car again, the light decides not to work. I do the usual punch and nothing happens.

I'm thinking it's something with the wiring? Maybe because it got wet, it doesn't work? Any suggestions on how to remedy this problem so I don't spend $26 every month for a new headlight?
    94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

$26?

I haven't paid more than $9.99 for mine
    Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Comment

Originally posted by cassie:
      $26?

I haven't paid more than $9.99 for mine
      That's the beauty of 98+ Camaros. 93-97 it's a sealed beam.
      94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

I had the same problem a while back. But I was burning out brake lights and fog lights also. I just replaced all the lights and it hasn't done it since. You might want to check your plug, maybe its bad.
        1999 Silverado- Bagged, colormatched and rollin on stock chrome 16\'s<br />Make love not war, hell do both, get married

Comment

I think you have an anger management problem...

But if you are always blowing headlights, I'd give the whole system a good look over. Mainly the circuit that the headlights are on. Something must not be right on that level.
          1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X