Any kind people wanna try and solve this? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any kind people wanna try and solve this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any kind people wanna try and solve this?

It sat in front of my house 2 months without being started and when i went to start it, it fired right up. I pulled it out back and it sat for 2 weeks but it really got cold out. I went to start it and the battery was dead, i charged it and it wouldnt fire up, just keep turning over, then i gave it gas and it started, when i let the gas off it stalled, it wouldnt idle. Finally i revvved it at like 1500-2000 for 1o minutes and it was fine and started right up each time. Now when it was cold and acting up it also threw a few codes, one was o2 sensor bank 2 sensor 1, which i knew had to be bs because the sensors are like a month old, now its fine and the only code i have is mifire which is cam related. I do have a cylinder two misfire which is puzzling me because i changed to new coils plugs and wires. However when it was torn apart some idiot dropped a bolt down my motor and it lodged in the number two valve, i didnt turn the motor over with the key when i figured this out, i cranked it with a socket by hand and found out it had a problem, could this cyl t2o misfire be because the valve may not be closing all the way? Ill remove the head when it gets warmer. I also had the icm module tested at autozone and it was fine, changed number two injector also, car doesnt sound or run like it has a misfire and the compression test was ok, all the cylinders were real close to eachother.

[ February 23, 2004, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: foremanator00 ]

anyone?

Comment

if i were you i would get that bolt out of there first and rescan the car. it might be related too that. that could also be the missfire because the valve is never closed
      boost, you got it???

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        4 days ago
      • ssms5411
        Little work today
        by ssms5411
        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
        2 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X