Oops! ......my power steering resovoir - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oops! ......my power steering resovoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oops! ......my power steering resovoir

So.....after I did my oil change today I decided to check all my fluids. I noticed I was a little low on the power steering fluid.

I had a bottle that had been sitting in the garage for a couple months. I had already opened it. So, I grab the bottle, unscrewed the lid and then turned the bottle upside down so that well....the liquid could go in. Well, nothing came out. I thought it may have been one of those SQUEEZE bottles, so i squeezed it.....and dontchaknow the little paper disc that sometimes sits on the inside of the lid FLIES into the resovoir along with the entire bottle of fluid.

So, I got the fluid cleaned up, but my question is: Will this paper disc clog anything? How do I go about getting it out if I have to?
    Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Leaving it in there could lead to problems. The lines are not that big and can easily be blocked by that(not sure what to call it). Your best bet would be to try to find some long forceps, needle nose pliers or something in that regard. One of them mechanic hands would be the best choice, push button top with a 3 pronged claw that comes out of a flexible tube if you are unsure of what I'm referring to.

Maybe even take a wire clothes hanger and try to bend it like a pair of tweezers or something. It should float with the wax coating on it, but depending on how much and how fast the fluid level drops probably be a good idea to do it ASAP.

Comment

use a piece of tubing or turkey baster to remove as much fluid from the pump so you can get a good look at things.

there should be an impeller down there and the disc could be difficult to find with all the twists and turns at the bottom.

Comment

thankS
        Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Comment

Definitely get it out. Sounds like a funny spill!
          <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

and let us know once the problem is all taken care of, so we can make fun of you. [img]smile.gif[/img]
            ╓<br />║ Matt M<br />║ <a href=\"http://home.austin.rr.com/morrism/3800/sunset_logo2.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Down with the Sixxness</a> <br />║ Polo Green 1995 3.8 Camaro<br />║ intake, cat, catback, shocks, 3.42\'s, and 12\'s in the trunk<br />╙

Comment

thats wrong, just plain wrong
              www.turbov6camaro.com
              1997 3800 Series II Camaro
              4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
              7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
              11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X