Quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question

Just wanted to know if a 98 Firebird has an idiot light for when it is low on fuel and an educated guess as to when it would kick in.

it has a check guages light and it comes on around half a 1/8 tank left according to the red line
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I dont know if it was an issue in 98, but older firebirds like my 94 has issues with fuel reading inaccuracy. Found that out after a $50 tow. gas gauge reads around 1/4 tank when you are actually near empty. guess its a common problem. word to the wise, dont wait for a check gauge light to come on, dont trust the fuel guage or let the tank run below 1/4 of tank. a lot less headaches that way. your gonna have to gas up soon anyway, might as well do it a few miles early and avoid running out of gas. My firebird is helping me break the habit of running all my vehicles on empty, so its a good thing.

Comment

i have heard many people complain but i have no issues. i can run my car to below the e-line
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

My old 3.4 ran out of gas at about 1/8 of a tank. I was just under the assumption that it would last till E, then all of a sudden, i'm hitting the throttle and it feels like its misfiring, but then i realize that it just wasn't even getting any fuel. haha that was ****ty.
          Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

I have yet to have a problem with the gauge reading being wrong. When its on E I usually have about 2.5 gallons left. Thanks for all the replys I have been trying to figure it out because my first car had it and it was 9 years older.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X