For those with Security Light Problem - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those with Security Light Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those with Security Light Problem

Got the car back from the dealer today and they replaced two parts in the ignition. They said there was a problem with the ignition cylinder. They replaced it and now I don't have the problem anymore and turning the key in the ignition requires a little more force. It feels more firm to me. Before it was ridiculously loose.

how much did you spend with installation?
    97 Firebird <br />Flowmaster series 80 Muffler,<br />3\" Highflow Cat, <br />3\" CatBack, <br />20% Tints All around.<br />2.5\" dual out (soon quad stainless steel-from fasttoys)

Comment

free...still under warranty...barely [img]tongue.gif[/img] Had them replace my power window motor again while they were at it. I knew it was on it's way out the door. Warranty is a beautiful thing

Comment

ehh i wouldnt consider it a beautiful thing.....tons of crap goes wrong right when its up haha
        2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

true true...I have the extended 72000mi warranty but I have to pay the first $100 every time I walk in :(

I'm going in with 35999mi and telling them BOTH power windows don't work so I can get nice new ones right when the warranty runs out

Comment

Did you ever have a problem getting your key to stay on ACC? I have always had this problem, but lately it has gotten REALLY hard to get it to stay on ACC and almost impossible sometimes. I am also having the security light problem.
            <b>Matt</b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=377225&page=1\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro Z28 M6</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=377225&page=3\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro M5</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99Camaro99:
              Got the car back from the dealer today and they replaced two parts in the ignition. They said there was a problem with the ignition cylinder. They replaced it and now I don't have the problem anymore and turning the key in the ignition requires a little more force. It feels more firm to me. Before it was ridiculously loose.<hr></blockquote>

So, they replaced the ingnition cylinder and what else? You said two parts were replaced. I'm really having a bad time with that security crap. A lot of times when I'm going to start my car the security light will show and I have to wait 3 minutes and sometimes it happens twice. :mad:
              \'94 Firebird \"El Pichon\" 3.4L A4<br />Mods: CAI,NO CAT,NO EGR,<br />NO PCV,TB BYPASS,SLP IAT module,<br />Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler 2.5\" Dual,low temp stat, fan swtich<br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/lando_pr\" target=\"_blank\">35 years of Firebird</a>

Comment

don't remember what the other part was called but it was on my invoice slip

Comment

i know the feeling..its back..the damn security light..i thought it had something to do with autostart..but its def something wrong with ignition column..its very annoying.
                  97 Firebird <br />Flowmaster series 80 Muffler,<br />3\" Highflow Cat, <br />3\" CatBack, <br />20% Tints All around.<br />2.5\" dual out (soon quad stainless steel-from fasttoys)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    2 days ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X