OFFICIAL POLL: What exhaust do you have? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL POLL: What exhaust do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OFFICIAL POLL: What exhaust do you have?

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
    Do you have a vid up?
    What's that?
    Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

do you have a video of your car running?
      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Pace setter header's, Pypes M-80 bullet muffler, no cat.

Comment

Hooker aerochamber. Still awaiting pace setters for a good price (I have cash!!!).

I ate a bowl of fail this morning.
          Quarter Million Mile Club

Comment

Flowmaster american thunder series with chevy bow tie tips :)
            Robby
            2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
            sigpic

Comment

Hey gang, just installed a Borla muffler (single 2.25 in/out) with a (new old school) resonated Ansa tip (as well as a set of UMI sub frame connectors). Not sure what to think about the exhaust yet as I was only able to drive it around for about 20 minutes after it was done.

It almost sounds European now and is not as loud as I thought it might be but it does appear to have good tone in the low rpms and NO rasp or drone whatsoever. For better or worse, I chose to retain the stock cat, stock 2.25 sized pipes and went from a transverse muffler to a single exhaust only. I'm currently considering a new high flow cat (magnaflow?) to help "deepen" the exhaust note. Any opinions?

I'll re-post after I get some driving hours on it but since we currently are under a winter storm warning (in April?!) it may be a week or two.

99 'vert 3.8 automatic that is totally stock with a K&N air filter if you were wondering.

Comment

I would put some headers on it and go with a little bigger pipe like 2.75" pipe if you don't want 3" that will make it deeper, then depending on your muffler will make it sound deeper or not, I have the Dynomax 3" in/out with 3" turndown and I love the sound of it, so do people who hear it. But I have RK sport headers and a VS cam, no cat, so the flows alot. The DYnomax is internally 3"'s and is chambered. So mine is 3"'s all the way from the Y pipe to the end of the exhaust.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Finally got registered to reply. Clear Image Automotive headers with Magnaflow 2.5" catback.

Comment

I have dual tuneable Super Trapps on my 96. Sounds awsome. Does not have that high pitch as most V6's do at full throttle. At idle is sounds like a Viper with a stock exhaust on it.

Comment

Post ressurection!

Comment

Originally posted by Pop's 96 View Post
                        I have dual tuneable Super Trapps on my 96. Sounds awsome. Does not have that high pitch as most V6's do at full throttle. At idle is sounds like a Viper with a stock exhaust on it.
                        video clip or it didnt happen lol

Comment

I'm not sure if my camera will do video or not. Have to pull it out and check.

Comment

flowmasta mannnnn

Comment

Electric cutout with bigger than stock piping. (2.75") Then 2.5" V8/LT1 stock dual out replacement axle back.

For loud and quiet purposes. :D
                              -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

Magnaflow hi flow cat with Cherry Bomb vortex muffler. Has a real low rumble at low rpm n ddosent get raspy at high rpm like the Flowmaster that used to be on there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X