Air Conditioning Blowing Hot Air Suddenly? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Conditioning Blowing Hot Air Suddenly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Conditioning Blowing Hot Air Suddenly?

Well, I just installed my amp and sub, and while I was putting the battery termial back on, my stupid wrench hits the air conditioning pump and sparks fly. Well, I found out when I went driving, that my air doesnt work, it only blows hot air. Could it be that I blew the Air Cond Fuse???? I checked the fuse, but its a big gray sqaure thing I haven't seen before on my other car and I am just wondering if there is a way to check if its blown or what? HELP! My air has always worked well, it doens't need charging cause it only has 25,000 miles and it worked fine that morning, so I am wondering.

[ July 11, 2002: Message edited by: Filterboy ]</p>
    <a href=\"http://home.comcast.net/~smpuskas/\" target=\"_blank\">http://home.comcast.net/~smpuskas/</a><br /><br />3A C-Fiber Pedals<br />Free Ram Air Mod + K&N<br />RK Sport Air Temp. Module<br />Flowmaster American Thunder 2.5\' Cat-Back<br />Chrome/Red Shifter<br />White Rally Stripes<br /><br />Audiobahn 12\' AE1200 Sub<br />Bazooka EL 1500 Class D Amp

I've had some probems with my A/C lately and I consider myself an expert on these freakin things.

If the probelm is that the A/C compressor isn't running, your best bet is that the fuse, breaker, or relays involved should be replaced. (not knowing what kind of car you have I can't tell you which you have) If that doesn't do it, you're in for a heap of trouble.

What you've done is created a short. The new circuit you created consists of the batterys positive as the power source, the wrench as a switch and the compressor as a source of ground. When determining what was damaged, it depends on how that circuit was closed. More than likely, it was closed through the engine ground that is very close to that compressor. If not, it's hard telling what was fried in that one fatefull moment!

Good luck. Oh, that "big square thing" is a relay, I think. If it's in the under hood electrical center, it's a relay. They're about $10 at AutoZone.

-Brian
    Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X