over heating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• over heating

my car has been over heating since July. the engine was leaking hydrocarbon into my water system. Tore down motor did a head and valve job, fixed that problem. , no sign that the hydrocarbon is back, let mechanics look at it said the hydrocarbon was gone and i should have fixed the problem. Still overheats, so i replace radiator, replace thermostat, still heats up when in dead stop, does ok while moving but when i stop the temp just rises. Also if the car is all the way overheated at (260) and i give it some gas in nuetral the temperture will lower.
    Oh, and how can you get the air out of our water system, radiator is making it very hard to fill all the way with coolant.
    Camaro 95 3.4L M5<br />Flowmaster 80srs<br />Catco High Flo Cat<br />Slp CAI<br />Prime wheels

my fan is working fine.
    Camaro 95 3.4L M5<br />Flowmaster 80srs<br />Catco High Flo Cat<br />Slp CAI<br />Prime wheels

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by michael:
      Oh, and how can you get the air out of our water system, radiator is making it very hard to fill all the way with coolant.<hr></blockquote>

that's where i'd start...make sure there's no air in your system. i noticed when i changed my fluid i filled the rad, then it was ok for a bit, then all of a sudden the gage spiked like crazy...gave it some gas & the gage was all over the place. i popped the rad cap off & there wasn't any fluid in the rad. topped it off, bled out the air & everything was good.

sorry i dunno how to bleed a '95..

--matt

--matt

Comment

anyone know how to bleed the air out on a 95?

Comment

?

Comment

Michael:
            Go to the library and look at a Haynes or Motors manual for specific directions, but the Haynes I have noted two bleed screws on the return side hose and it appears to have one on the exit side of the waterpump also, but you need to look at the diagram for your specific year and engine.

Comment

so it overheats even when the fan is on?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                3 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X