failed emissions = $^&%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• failed emissions = $^&%

For the back story I just did a full tune-up on the Camaro (AC Delco rapidfires, MSD wires, fuel filter, pcv valve, cleaned K&N, cleaned throttle body). So today I take it to Firestone to have it inspected. While they are doing it one of the techs bring me in to tell me my power steering is leaking and could cause me to fail my inspection. I was like 'Man, it leaks so slow and I keep it filled'. So they run it and I fail on high speed hydrocarbons and both high and low on nox. This made me mad because hydrocarbons should be taken care of with the spark plug change. The nox I can kind of understand as that's controled by the EGR and cat. Any ideas on the make her pass?
    <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

A different mechanic, and 20 bucks under the table.
    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

that wont work. mechanics know it isnt worth the $20 bucks to lose there licenses

Originally posted by Fbody3400:
      A different mechanic, and 20 bucks under the table.

Comment

Just visit a "biker" mechanic, he'll do it for 50$-100$ but if you get stopped, they might ask question [img]smile.gif[/img]
        Borla exhaust, headers and intake coming soon...(delayed)<br /><br />To be fixed:Bent rim, minor scatches

Comment

Screw Firestone...Try somehwere else.

Comment

I just dumped a can of Sea Foam and Guaranteed to Pass or whatever that stuff is. I filled it with Chevron Supreme. I'll run this tank dry then fill again with Supreme. BTW - My back passenger tires sidewall is almost disenegrated and I was tryin to figure out what it was and I figured out it was because of the dyno - I remember them having to push it back up. I'm gonna go up to Discount Tire to have em look at it and tell me if it needs to be replaced. I'm really pissed now, might get a new tire out of this.
            <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X