help with freaking window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with freaking window

Well my drivers side window broke and came off its tracks and is stuck laying in the bottom of my door. How much would this cost to get fixed?
    1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

dealer wanted 500/door to fix my motors, so go figure somewhere in that kinda price range
    -Steve

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by v6maro:
      dealer wanted 500/door to fix my motors, so go figure somewhere in that kinda price range
      -Steve
      <hr></blockquote>

HOLY ****!!
      :eek: :eek:
      <a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/e/defrag/sig.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">1997 Firebird V6-Y87/W68</a>

Comment

:( This isn't going to be fun.
        1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

I had to replace the channel that holds the window at the bottom. It took a little time, but certainly not worth $500+ for it. I think it is easier than doing the motors, although I have never attempted the motors. Did the glass actually break, or did the metal brackets fail causing the window to fall? There are 3 rivets holding the lower channel to the window that need to be drilled out. Then you can remove the glass from the car. Then it is a matter of removing a couple of stops from the channels to allow the individual pieces to separate.

Comment

camaro/firebirds notoriouse for window motor problems..

I had to replace both window motors..

what i would recommend is to go to www.car-part.com they search junk yards all over US..

u can probably come out with a motor for 20 bucks but with a 90 day warranty or u can go to autozone and pick up a motor $99 but with a lifetime warranty

My windshield wiper motor just died, a new one ran 175$ i was pissed. I went to car-part.com guy in texas send it to me for $20 with shipping i had it installed for 60$ works fine for now.

hope it helps.
            97 Firebird <br />Flowmaster series 80 Muffler,<br />3\" Highflow Cat, <br />3\" CatBack, <br />20% Tints All around.<br />2.5\" dual out (soon quad stainless steel-from fasttoys)

Comment

Well the metal peg that is connected to the wheel in the track on the back of the window broke and the front one just broke. The glass didn't break its just sitting there, it rattles with bass and its annoying.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X