leaky tail pipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaky tail pipe?

Why would I have liquid leaking out my Y-pipe??????
    I see liquid coming out of peoples tail pipes all the time and I wonder... Is it unburned fuel? Or is it coolant????????????
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

or is it condensation...
    \'00 f-bird 3.8 M5 coupe, pewter metallic<br />Torsen LSD, Pro 5.0 shifter, Spec stage 1 clutch, Y87 muffler, aftermarket stereo<br />-more fun than the Oldsmobile it replaced...

Comment

Burning just about any hydrocarbon creates water.
      Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
      Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

taste it!
        sigpic

Comment

if ya ever took chemistry, you'd know that the result of combustion always creates water, and that perfectly efficient combustion creates ONLY CO2 and H2O. The thing is, you dont see the water right off 'cuz it evaporates in the heat. Well, if the exhaust system is cold, the water condenses onto the pipes and you see it drip out. no, coolant doesnt leak into the exhaust. it would get burned first in the combusion, otherwise there is really no way for it to get in there. oh, and fuel, when it is burned is NOT liquid. gasoline in liquid state is not flammable, it is the VAPORS. Gasoline must be sprayed so finely from the injectors that it evaporates in that split second before it enters the cylinder. thats why if you light diesel on fire you see a flame slightly above the little puddle of fuel. if fuel is not getting burned, you'll smell it in the exhaust. stand behind a classic car with its original engine and you'll know exactly what i mean. hope you understand better now...
          2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

oh, and just cuz its water doesnt mean it would be smart to taste it...
            2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro Dom:
              And never ever taste it if you own this car...
              http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c;f=1;t=016772

Comment

Originally posted by Ace:
                </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Camaro Dom:
                And never ever taste it if you own this car...
                http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c;f=1;t=016772
                </font>[/QUOTE]I'd rather taste salt water than the aftermath of combusted gases.
                2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

a little taste from the tail pipe wont hurt anything, just dont wait for a quart or so and then decide that you want to take it and drink it with your beer. No, it probably wont make a good mixed drink.

If it tastes sweet, its probably antifreeze and the head gasket is probably gone in it.

salt water, yes, i can see that. probably doesnt taste that bad, but where katrina was... all the polutants in the water there, the diseases, dead bodies floating in water. there is no way that i would drink that.
                  1999 Firebird 3800 5 speed stock<br />1991 Camaro Convertible 3.1 auto stock

Comment

ROFLMAO! LOL!
                    Ok, you've convinced me to try it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X