replacing O2 sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing O2 sensors

I'm in the process of replacing my O2 sensors. I've already done the one behind the cat; that's about as simple as it gets. I was wondering about the 2 located in the exhaust manifolds. What's the easiest way to get to them, from up top, or from under the car?
    2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Under is the easiest. Trust me. I had to unhook them when installing my CIA headers. I would not even think tring to install them from above. ;)

[ February 15, 2004, 03:01 AM: Message edited by: Guardiannknight ]
    2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
    5 speed
    Project: Unreal
    Several Mods..:naughty:plus Nitrous=WEEeee:banana:

2007 Suzuki GS500F :D

Daily driver
    2007 Chevy Aveo 5
    Mods K&N air filter:excited:
    www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

Underneath is the only way to get them. They make a special socket to fit them too (if you don't already have it).

Comment

Yeah I bought the socket. I have a couple of friends who are doing the same, and I got my money back on the socket by renting it to them haha thanks for the help!
        2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          2 days ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          2 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X