This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I'm looking to join...

...the ranks. I've been looking at a few V6 f-bodies and found a few that I like.

I was wondering about a few things.

This would be a daily driver, and I spend a lot of time in Orlando (a pretty crowded place sometimes). How easy is it to get used to the large size and sub-par visibility?

I've ridden in a few, and it seems like it'd take a little getting used to.

I heard that they seem underpowered in stock form by a few reviews... but to be honest, I'm coming from a 150HP Ranger, so I doubt that would be a problem, haha.

Finally, do F-bodies have parts that commonly go wrong on them? I'm just trying to educate myself before I get into this. Thanks!

Also, I don't know if any of you know or not, but do the later fourth gens have higher ground clearance in the front than the older ones (93-97)? My friend can't seem to get up my driveway in his '95 without hitting, and there are walls on either side so you can't go up diagonally, so that's one of the major roadblocks, haha.

They're really not that large, hardest thing is getting use to judging parking spaces, for me at least, and how far the "nose" is up, but you get use to it. I'm not sure what you mean by sub-par visibility....but these things have huge backwindshields and front, and I never have a problem with visibility while driving. I actually have a broken wire in my drivers side mirror, but I easily still drive safely because I can just look over my shoulder when changing lanes cause you have glass almost all around you. My Camaro has almost 54k miles, no problems at all, I assume anything common with other cars at high mileage, water pumps, etc would go eventually, like all vehicles. Forgot to include, these are great cars and daily drivers, gl in your choice.
    2001 Arctic White Camaro- Stock atm

Comment

i have no problem seeing at all.

our cars are great daily drivers even in the snow with some care. I cant really think of anything on our cars that go out unlike everything else. the most common are motors like window and firebird headlight motors but thats a common thing in all cars.
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Yeah, I'm actually looking at Camaros (though only because there aren't any nice Firebirds in my price range).

I guess when I was in them, I was comparing it to my truck (d'oh!). I can see pretty much anything there is to see, but oh well.

The large b pillars aren't a problem then? That's cool.

I guess it just felt bigger than it was without me really getting to know it.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Moving to the Louge. You'll get more responses there.
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            4 days ago
          • ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            2 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X