ok so heres the deal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok so heres the deal...

Car is done. thats rite for everyone that has been following the threads i posted. It works.

and no. i havent driven it yet.

why? cause im getting a stupid error code i cant pin down. I hooked up my now fried (dont ask me how) Auto X-ray before and got a "Sensor 3x Signal Error - Code 82"

so i came to the web and found it could mean:
    i have bad coils
    i have a bad ign module
    i have a bad crank sensor (3x, on the side of the block)

ive tried replacing the coils. nothing. tried replacing the ign module. nothing helps. sounds like she is idling on only 4 cylinders. (two are missing somewhere)

i have removed all traces of the MSD from the ignition system with no luck. Tomorrow i will go buy a 3x sensor and fix it, and will probably have the same results. anyone have any ideas as to why this code could be thrown, or why i cant seem to get rid of it?

(maybe ill have the ignition module checked while im buying parts...)

anyway. thanks for any answers or help you can give..

-R

hybrid - \'\'hI-br&d - The offspring of a cross between species.
    Co-Founder West Coast F-Bodies
    West Coast F-Bodies Car Club - WCFB Message Board

just a side note.. you could also just have a loose or cut wire and nothing in that list be bad..

not to discourage you but you might want to start tracing wires and such.. also I know on some ODB1 cars you could get a diagram of the pins going into the computer and then you could take a multi meter and test each one.. this was supposed to be one of the best ways to check for bad sensors and such.. it's just REALLY time consuming and you need a factory service manual to do it..

(or you should be able to go to all data purchase a subscription for your car and have access to a complete factory service manual online.. may be 20 bucks well spent
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Comment

Keep in mind that the 24X crankshaft position sensor on the front engine timing cover controls spark and timing accuracy at engine speeds below 2000 RPMs. Also, how old are your wires? Do a resistance check on them if they are old and see if you may be getting a miss in your wires. Finally, and I know this is elementary, but mistakes happen, double check that the wires are all on the right coils and on the right leads.
      - Josh<br />If you have any questions or need installation pics/help, e-mail me: Viper98885@aol.com<br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/viper98885\" target=\"_blank\">\'93 Camaro Hardtop</a><br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/01lincolnls8\" target=\"_blank\">\'01 Lincoln LS8 Sport</a><br />\'00 Yamaha YZF-R6<br /><a href=\"http://www.ftpp.net\" target=\"_blank\">Full Throttle Performance</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X