Accutual hp gains??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accutual hp gains??

I was wondering about this our cars from the factory has 200 fly wheel hp. I've done some mods and I say that each one gave at least 10 hp like slp cai I'd say 15hp, whisper lid 10hp,kn finter 10hp, talor wires and ngk plugs 15hp, borla cat back ehaust 15hp, rk sport headers 8hp, add that up and it's 73hp so does my car know have about 273 fly wheel hp? I don't know of a place where I can get my car dynoed so I was wondering if you guys could guess if this is about right or am I way off. Any suggestions would be great
    thanks
    look on one of the v8 boys face when he finds out he just lost to a v6 \"ha ha priceless\"<br />2000 camaro Mods: Slp cai,kn filter,whisperlid,talor spiro wires,ngk plugs, rk sport headers, 3\" Borla cat back exhaust,3.73\'s with lsd,pro 5.0 shifter,2002 Corvette wheels, lowered and 1\"1/4,painted calipers black with chrome camaro decals, hypertech programmer

I'd say less than that. the spark plugs and wires wouldn't get you much, if anything, unless you added a digital ignition system and upgraded the coil packs as well. Also, removing the maf screen will get you 5 rwhp and 10 rwtq. The slp cai will get you less than 15 hp. Instead, get the FTRA. it tends to get a little more hp than the slp cai. Of course, since all these mods are related to each other, you may at the end of it all see 70-80 hp more.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by v6revenge:
      I was wondering about this our cars from the factory has 200 fly wheel hp. I've done some mods and I say that each one gave at least 10 hp like slp cai I'd say 15hp, whisper lid 10hp,kn finter 10hp, talor wires and ngk plugs 15hp, borla cat back ehaust 15hp, rk sport headers 8hp, add that up and it's 73hp so does my car know have about 273 fly wheel hp? I don't know of a place where I can get my car dynoed so I was wondering if you guys could guess if this is about right or am I way off. Any suggestions would be great
      thanks
      <hr></blockquote>

i would say that you most likely didnt gain 73hp. in fact i doubt you gained anywhere close to that. you might be around 230 at the most if i had to give a rough estimate.

[ July 02, 2002: Message edited by: john00v6a4 ]</p>
      <b>2000 Firebird </b><br /><i>old setup </i>- Automatic Whisper lid, Borla catback, shift kit w/ V8 servo, 3.42 gears w/ LSD, PI 3000 converter, <br /><br /><i>14.703@90.92, 2.01 60\' </i>(intake and exhaust)<br /><br /><i> new setup </i> swapped over to LS1 413.9rwhp/398.7rwtq<br /><a href=\"http://www.thunderracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.thunderracing.com</a>

Comment

15hp from plugs and wires????

35hp from intake mods????

If only it were that easy. :rolleyes:

[ July 02, 2002: Message edited by: V6Bob ]</p>
        2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by v6revenge:
          slp cai I'd say 15hp, whisper lid 10hp,kn filter 10hp<hr></blockquote>
          How about 5-10hp all together

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>talor wires and ngk plugs 15hp<hr></blockquote>
          0hp

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>borla cat back ehaust 15hp<hr></blockquote>
          5hp

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>rk sport headers 8hp<hr></blockquote>
          3hp

So uhm, no no where near 73hp, more like 18hp.
          -Steve

Comment

add a type-r sticker, that's sure to give you something too ;)

anyway, if you're going for as much hp as you can get out of the car, throw in a supercharger or something that'll really make you fly. The addons that you have are rocking right now, but they're not going to put you up there with those new 2002 SVT Mustangs if you get what I mean.

Comment

I'd say 15 total.

DEE
              1997 GTP(13.3@104)-Sold<br />1999 Trans Am M6

Comment

I give a vote for 10-15.

Artic Wolf/Patrick Javert.

please, stop spreading lies and propaganda for your evil regime.

And also- you've done some in house dyno testing on the SLP CAI vs FTRA, eh?
                2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

I would say somewhere in the neighborhood of like 15-30 hp. When a company lists its power gains, they may use the greatest power gain from all vehicles tested. And if they were the numbers for a v-6, then all the parts are just working together. Alone each part may achieve the listed power boost. There is only so much that a given amount of fuel and air can do. New engines are reaching the point of max efficiency for internal combustion. If you want more power, force some air into our little motors and make the jaws drop of Mustange owners...........If only I had the money.
                  1995 Firebird 3.8 A4, 140,000 miles and going strong<br />Basically Stock, college=poor <p>Junior Mechanical Engineering Student: Milwaukee School of Engineering; Cpl, MN Army National Guard...just got promoted :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X