ZZ Performance Underdrive Pulleys for the 3.8 ?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZZ Performance Underdrive Pulleys for the 3.8 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZZ Performance Underdrive Pulleys for the 3.8 ??

Has ne body here used these pulleys (water pump,and altinator pulleys) for our cars yet??
    They said it would work for our cars but i wanna make sure??
    Thanks
    Mike
    Silver 2000 Firebird A4<br />3.8 A4<br />14.746 @91.98 Feb /03/02<p>1990 Mitsu GSX 5Spd I just got it.<p>Otis for President 04 !!!!!!

I was wondering if those would work myself. Did you call and ask?
    1997 30th Anniversary A4 w/ some mods

Comment

I've heard that the 3.8 didn't need under drive pulleys. The stock ones basically are under drive puleys. I might be wrong though
      2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5
      Flowmaster 80 series muffler, B&M ripper shifter, SLP grille

Comment

Yeah and you heard that on one of these boards most likely by someone who didnt even use the pulleys, i have seen so many mods that aredone to peoples cars now that made a nic difference that just 6 months -1 year ago people would say oh that is worthless.

Comment

I personally don't know anyone who has tried them.
          I was not aware they were available.
          I thought there was testing done w/ pullies and bigger throttle body and power gain was maybe 1 rwhp?
          I don't remember the name of the company but we are talking about a long time ago.
          How much?
          I'll have to take a look.
          go for it and tell us how it is
          http://www.zzperformance.com/zzp/pro...ive_pulley.htm

[ July 01, 2002: Message edited by: 12secondv6 ]</p>
          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Oh BTW it was me who posted this topic originally.
            NE way the pulleys are 59 bux clear or black. I Emailed the company and they said that it will fit our cars and he also said the has altinator pulleys which are 5% overdrive,10% underdrive,and 20% underdrive. Hey ne thing to free up just a little HP :D
            Ill order them in the next week or so.
            2000 Black T/A M6 343rwhp 349rwtq<br />11.94 @ 118 60\'1.79 Stock Internal<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/demonicbird00\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/demonicbird00</a> <br />AIM: W68Firebird97<br />R.I.P... Christine 12/25/02 <br />1997 Firebird W68 Black<br />14.887 @ 90.08

Comment

Will these work if your a/c is taken out? Does the a/c pulley and that have to be on to use these underdrive pulleys?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Originally posted by bluecmaro96:
                Will these work if your a/c is taken out? Does the a/c pulley and that have to be on to use these underdrive pulleys? <hr></blockquote>

um.....no. Just don't use the a/c pulley and use the rest.
                <b>99\' Black Camaro SS</b> <br />M6/T-Tops - SLPLid w/K&N | Hurst Billet Plus w/ LSS | EGR Mod<p>Black 97\' Camaro T-Tops (RIP)

Comment

I have the 3.4L but I just put them on last week and now I'm a little worried about my motor temp, it's runnin' about 20-30 degs hotter and that can't be good.when I'm on the highway it's no promblem but traffic is bad.

Comment

I wouldn't want to lower the flowrate of my water pump, the car runs hot enough as it is.

And as for the alternator, we definetly don't need to slow it down, the damned thing isn't very powerful to begin with!

I don't see the point in slowing down any of the accessories unless I can gain more than 5rwhp from doing so, and I doubt that will happen.
                    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
                    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

How do you honestly know what kind of power gains are there from underdrive pulleys? did you see a dyno graph?

Comment

If you want to free up some hp and be able to power everything, just get a higher output alternator before you get the pulleys.
                        2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

think his name was brian and he had a 96 RS with every bolt-on available. ram air technologies made a prototype underdrive pulley for his car and from the dyno runs the most he gained was 1rwhp. this was a couple years ago(circa 99) so who knows circle technology may have improved over the last few years?

someone else can try it. remember grand prix gtp's have a supercharger pulley spinnin too so that may account for some of the increase.
                          i was swimming in the carribean. animals were hiding behind the rocks except for the little fish, but they told me the squid\'s trying to talk to me. oink, oink. where is my mind?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> If you want to free up some hp and be able to power everything, just get a higher output alternator before you get the pulleys. <hr></blockquote>

Just remember that a high output alternator is probably going to require more power to turn it, so you lose some of the gains from the pulleys. I don't know much about alternator efficiency differences, so a high output may be more efficient wich would mean less work input to get the same output, but in general, you have to put more in to get more out.

Comment

Maybe a few people that have been on the boards for a while will remember a guy dynoing his car with no belt at all. Not sure how this is even possible but he only picked up like 1hp or so. Somebody else might remember the details about this better than I do.
                              1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X