coolant dip stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coolant dip stick

whats up with the coolant dipstick? i keep putting more and more coolant in my car and the damn dipstick never changes levels. whether the car is hot or cold the level still reads in the lower quartero f the stick. its pissing me off. do i need more coolant or what? how much should i be putting in there
    <a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/e/defrag/sig.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">1997 Firebird V6-Y87/W68</a>

Huh?

The only dipsticks I know of are the Engine oil, Power Steering fluid and transmission fluid.

But then again, maybe I'm the dipstick! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

-Brian
    Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

I think he's talking about the coolant resevoir dipstick. Are you filling the coolant from the radiator or the resevoir? Pretty soon they should start becoming full.

Ted

Comment

filling it from the radiator. ive got about 1/2 of the gallon of dexcool and 1/2 gallon of water in there so far. the reservoir dipstick indicator thingamajig Has started to move I think, waiting for it to cool down to add more.
        <a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/e/defrag/sig.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">1997 Firebird V6-Y87/W68</a>

Comment

Coolant only goes into the res if the radiator/engine/etc is full

So keep adding until the res is at a good level. Technically if you have any coolant in the res, you are ok, they want you to keep it at a reasonable reserve just in case.
          2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X