im a moron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im a moron

So... I was outside trying to figure out that fish smell and noticed a dark liquid leaking out my car. I followed it back to one of those two hoses on the passenger side of the engine that say "TO OPEN TWIST AND PULL" One was leakin a little bit so I went to tighten it and accindetly PULLED IT OFF!! so all this burning hot crap flew all my car and my hand. It hrut like a mother *****. Anyway, after cleaning all that shat up I started to wonder why that liquid was dark brown. Its coolant right? I thought coolant was green/yellow

whats up?

and also... what should i do now lol
    <a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/e/defrag/sig.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">1997 Firebird V6-Y87/W68</a>

Haha, I did that once on my old car. Probably happens to everyone at least once in their life. Anyway that fish smell that you smell and the brownishness of the coolant means that it is burnt. If it is black make sure that it is not contaminated with oil. If it is you got problems but hopefully thats not the case. What you need to do is get underneath the radiator and theres a little drain. Turn that open and drain out all the coolant (and make sure the car is cool this time). Take a garden hose or some buckets of water and poor it through the radiator to get all the grime and stuff out then close the drain when your finished. Some coolant is a greenish color but our cars call for DexCool it's a GM specialized coolant for newer cars. It's orangish and has some better features then that green crap. Pur some of that in and makesure to squeeze one of the coolant hoses to get the air bubbles out. After that keep a check on it for a while and make sure it's not burning up or becoming contaminated. If it is you need to check that out. Hope I could help.

Ted

Comment

Yeah flush that shat!
      1997 30th Anniversary A4 w/ some mods

Comment

or just go to a jiffy lube or oil place they should be able to flush it out for you. im glad they did it cause i found out that the previous owner threw in liquid sealer in my radiator. when they flushed it all this stuff that looked like saw dust came out with it. so im glad i did that.!
        98 firebird V6<br />3.08 gears (3.42\'s coming sson)<br />free ram air (cai coming soon)<br />80 series flowmaster<br />more to come

Comment

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't GM's antifreeze a red color? Dex-cool?
          2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

dex-cool=orange
            <a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/e/defrag/sig.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">1997 Firebird V6-Y87/W68</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X