Wiper Problem, please help, inspection is in 3 days - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiper Problem, please help, inspection is in 3 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiper Problem, please help, inspection is in 3 days

Well, about a month ago my passenger side wiper just quit woring, the driver one still works fine. I thought that they both ran off of the same motor, and if the bar had just come loose orsomething. So please someone tell me how to fix it, and fas cause i gotta go get it inspected, and i doubt that they will pass it with only one wiper blade working. Thanks
    95 3.4 A4<br />Quasar Blue<br />Flowmaster 80 series<br />K&N Intake<br />5% Limo Tint all the way around<br />Blackouts on the rear and front turn signals<br />RF Head Unit<br />1 12\' RF sub JL 500/1 Amp

fuse?
    1991 firebird - sold<br />1994 camaro v6 - lady ran red light<br /> *totaled*<br />1996 Camaro v6 RS sport package 5 spd - 8mm wires/ platinum plugs, z28 clutch@assembly, powerslot rottors, hiPo brake pads, hiPo power steering pump, larger tie rods and hubs, 1le tranny mounts

Comment

check mechanical linkage from motor. lubricate/adjsut/repair as necessary.
      the 25 amp fuse, if blown, would cause a condition where neither arm would work, since this is a 1 motor system.
      locate wiper motor and just start pulling stuff apart around it until you can inspect the entire wiper arm assembly, including the linkage. replace blade arms and if possible, run wipers while observing linkage. the problem should be evident.
      remember to index the position of wiper arms so you can reassemble correctly.

[ June 30, 2002: Message edited by: strange_trp ]</p>
      ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

sorry for the false info [img]smile.gif[/img] lets just say im not ASE certified [img]tongue.gif[/img] Just trying to help [img]smile.gif[/img]
        1991 firebird - sold<br />1994 camaro v6 - lady ran red light<br /> *totaled*<br />1996 Camaro v6 RS sport package 5 spd - 8mm wires/ platinum plugs, z28 clutch@assembly, powerslot rottors, hiPo brake pads, hiPo power steering pump, larger tie rods and hubs, 1le tranny mounts

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X