all people who have lots of info please help - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

all people who have lots of info please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all people who have lots of info please help

I got a new idle air control valve and on the directions it said i have to have the distance between the top of the pintle and the base of the o ring the same distance as the stock one. I measured them both and it is the same. then it said the car must run 40 miles so the pcm can relearn it, does it mean 40 straight miles or cvan i put 10 hear and 10 there until it adds up? on my way to the exhaist shop the car ran good while i was giving it gas then when i hit the brake and came to a syop the car idled way down and shut off. will this eventually stay idleing? will the pcm actually learn the sensor? and is there anything that the computer programmer can do to make it idle right, or is it just because the sensor hasnt learned yet? thanks
    Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

I replaced mine and didn't have any problems with the idle at all. It was basically a plug-n-go with me.
    Directions?! Who needs em anyway! ;)

If the directions say to drive it 40 miles so the PCM can re-learn it, then take it for a ride on the highway. If the idle dips down after that then stalls, it's gotta be something else causing your problem(s).

-Marc
    sigpic

Comment

When I hear "drive 40 miles to relearn", I always think varied driving. How's the computer going to figure out a new idle controller if the 40 is all highway miles with no idling? (not a personal shot hockey)

That said, 10 here and there in mixed driving with some stops and other stuff should do it.
      Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
      Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by zlexiss:
        [QB]When I hear "drive 40 miles to relearn", I always think varied driving. How's the computer going to figure out a new idle controller if the 40 is all highway miles with no idling? (not a personal shot hockey)[QB]<hr></blockquote>

Hey, none taken. I guess anything would make sense if the directions didn't give specifics. I didn't think about it, but I guess it would make more sense to do alot of stop-n-go driving, and spread out the 40 miles between days.

Like I said though, when I installed my IAC, it didn't need any learning period, just bolt in and drive.

SLOWBRAEATER, where did you get your IAC from? I bought mine at Autozone for a phenominal price of $27, where the dealer quoted me at $120.

-Marc
        sigpic

Comment

autozone 27.99
          Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X