Soo i need to get the water pump off - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soo i need to get the water pump off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soo i need to get the water pump off

hmmmmmm anyone got some advice on how i can get it off i got the power steering out of the way and all the bolts out i think it just seems to be stuck am i doin something wrong.. Please help Thanks
    Dakota
    this cam thing is getting old and its not even it yet im werkin real hard though.. im tryin to teach myself how to do this because i like werking on my car and this seemed like a good challenge and it is....tochea camaro toochea
    Slammed, Cammed, Stalled, Rollin on ZR1\'s and the sickest exhaust you have ever seen on a camaro Z06 style whoo whoo.<br />I\'m the reaper dude, ask ur people dude. I move

Assuming you have a 3.4 you need a pulley remover to get the pulley off. Once that is done you need to remove the coil packs if not done so already. Once the packs and the pulley is off unbolt the bracket and remove, then unbolt the pump.

[ June 26, 2002: Message edited by: 4thgenowner ]</p>
    1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Not to contradict, but he doesn't actually have to pull off the pulley or pump themselves. Remove the coilpacks, and you will be able to access the bolts to the power steering bracket. Remove those, and the whole assembly will come loose and you can hang it slightly aside so that you can get access to the water pump bolts. As long as you're careful, doing that is enough.
      \'93 3.4L Camaro A4<br />*Some fat P245/50R16 tires<br />*K&N FIPK<br />*Taylor 8mm Spiro Pro\'s<br />*Borla catback<br /><a href=\"http://www.members.cox.net/constantine/Project%20Royalty.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Royal Webpage</a>

Comment

sorry i guess i wasnt clear enough thats my fault... i already have the power steering out of the way. but i need the water pump off do i take off all the bolts i see or what it seems to be stuck on there pretty hard but thanks for the advice on the power steering. I jus need to get the water pump off on my 3.4 so i can get to this cam thing and have sum fun
        [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img] thanks
        Dakota
        Slammed, Cammed, Stalled, Rollin on ZR1\'s and the sickest exhaust you have ever seen on a camaro Z06 style whoo whoo.<br />I\'m the reaper dude, ask ur people dude. I move

Comment

Also refer to this thread:

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c&f=1&t=006825
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

you don't have to pull the pump off, just unbolt the entire timing chain cover , the pump comes off with it.

Comment

i've never done one on the 3.4, but according to haynes you may need to give it a few taps with a rubber mallet to break the gasket seal. not too hard though, you don't wanna break anything.

also note that on the 3.4 there are three different torque specs for the bolts on the pump. if you're using haynes see pg 3-7, figure 7.17. remember to run a tap into the bolt holes first to clean the threads so you can get accurate torque readings. nothing sux worse than getting everything back together only to find out that you have a little leak that could have been prevented by 5 minutes of extra care when you were reassembling. take your time with it. good luck...
              ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

Yes you need to tap the water pump a few times. I needed to when I changed mine.
                1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

Comment

don't feel bad, we're gonna have to do the same thing to a 00 Grand Prix (my moms beater, drives appx 200 miles highway + some city DAILY).

We might just take it in and have someone else do it so we won't have to mess with the thing.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X