what is blocking distributer on 3.4L when changing plugs..w/in - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is blocking distributer on 3.4L when changing plugs..w/in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is blocking distributer on 3.4L when changing plugs..w/in

Hey guys....I've heard alot about how the driver side plugs are easy to get at on a 3.4 and how the passenger side are very difficult. However, i'm changing the wires too, and the ends plugged into the distributor are blocked by a black U shaped box. In the link below is a pic..the black U box i'm referring to is at the end of the intake hose and has 2 hoses coming into it. What is this thing and does it need to be removed to get the plugs off the distributor. About half are blocked by them and the other half not blocked.
    http://eyeoutthere.tripod.com/sparkbef.jpg
    Thanks,
    Rob Oleksa
    1995 Camaro 3.4L
    ' has some booboos that needs fixn'

I wouldn't call the passenger's side "very difficult." We got it way easier than our bigger brothers (3.8,5.7) :D
    Anyway, if I read your post right, that U-shaped box is the acceleration cable cover. To remove it, you have to loosen a couple bolts and push the cables out of the pulleys which are attached to the TB. But then, the pulleys from the TB are still going to be right there. It might save you some space to remove the cover like that, but it IS possible to do it while leaving it in place. Just requires nimble fingers and some patience because your current wires might be on a bit tight there. Putting on the new wires will be much easier than pulling off the old ones.
    \'93 3.4L Camaro A4<br />*Some fat P245/50R16 tires<br />*K&N FIPK<br />*Taylor 8mm Spiro Pro\'s<br />*Borla catback<br /><a href=\"http://www.members.cox.net/constantine/Project%20Royalty.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Royal Webpage</a>

Comment

just an FYI. we don't have distributors. we have DIS. Distributorless Ignition System

Comment

take cover off, through it over your shoulder and never lok at it agian.

basically what I did, figured I got some weight reduction off of it. all it does is get in the way, nothing else.

Comment

thanks for the reply guys....that cover was the only thing keeping me from doing the job myself, but since it's not a problem i'll be going for it this weekend...
          Thanks guys,
          Rob Oleksa
          1995 Camaro 3.4L

Comment

Two screws and the cover is off.
            1994, 3.4, 3.23, Dark Green<br />74,000 Miles as of 05/15/02<br />Have had tons of problems but still<br />love the darn thing,,,,

Comment

The plugs are not easy to get off the passengers side but it only took me about 20 minutes to get all three...
              1994, 3.4, 3.23, Dark Green<br />74,000 Miles as of 05/15/02<br />Have had tons of problems but still<br />love the darn thing,,,,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X