Accel wires vs Bosch wires..suggestions?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accel wires vs Bosch wires..suggestions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accel wires vs Bosch wires..suggestions??

Hey guys..i have to choose from a set of custom fit accel wires (8mm spirals) from autozone for 31 bucks....or do i get a set of custom Bosch for around 28 bucks and i'm not sure what mm they are or if they are spiral.....bosch doesn't list specs on their page....but they are the ones with the limited lifetime warranty. I plan on using either delco rapids or plain bosch platinums.....which is the best setup vs plugs. I would like taylor wires but shipping costs jack the price up and im' trying to do this cheap.
    Thanks guys..
    Rob Oleksa
    1995 Camaro 3.4L

I originally put Accels on mine, but I ended up taking them off because I had problems with the clips that go on the coil posts losing tension, and they wouldn't lock on right. I switched to the Bosch wires, no problems with them, no noticeable difference from the Accels. The Bosch wires are 7mm, so they will fit in the stock wire looms.
    As to plugs, I have been using Bosch platinums, but I may switch to NGKs or some other plug. The platinums make a big difference for a while, but they lose some of their zip as time goes on. However, the platinums cost about the same as regular plugs, so it's a toss up.
    Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

I had a problem with the accels. After 1 plug the plug boot ripped in half. So I ended up buying a pair of Taylor Spiro Wires. I am very pleased with the Taylors.

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys....i'll prolly be doing the job this weekend with Bosch wires and prolly bosch plats.
        Thanks again guys,
        Rob Oleksa
        1995 Camaro 3.4L

Comment

Accels are POS! I had them on and had 3 boots rip off, so i replaced them with Taylor wires, so far no problems. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE ACCELS!!!!
          Joel<br />God is my copilot, but Satan has his foot on the gas!<br />94 3.4L AutoCamaroRagtop w/MSD ignition,Accelcoilpacks,K&N FIPK,BMR SFC&STB,3\"Catco w/3\"catbackSS muffler,JetStage 2,HomemadePIAAheadlightconversion <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968</a>

Comment

Just installed Bosch Platnium PLugs, Bosch 7mm wires, and 3 brand new stock AC DELCO coil packs on my 94 3.4L with 75K miles. The car is running like it is new and my VET test numbers are unbelievablely good. So yes the Bosch plugs set is fine. The lengths are a bit weird but if you logically put the longest one in in the longest run etc then it will be fine. Use lots of Dielectric silicon....
            1994, 3.4, 3.23, Dark Green<br />74,000 Miles as of 05/15/02<br />Have had tons of problems but still<br />love the darn thing,,,,

Comment

personally i would have suggested the Taylor wires and AC Platinum plugs instead of Bosch, but if you're happy with the results, [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] .

pull a plug or 2 in about 10k miles to see if the heat range is close. just curious to see. the bosch may run just a little cooler than the AC's, so you may get a little carbon before its time. that's what happens with a lot of the NGK's... they run a little cooler and get deposits sooner than the AC's.

let us know how your setup works out.
              ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X