brake 1 way valve?? Strange_gtp ya know? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

brake 1 way valve?? Strange_gtp ya know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake 1 way valve?? Strange_gtp ya know?

I saw a post about this one way valve that is suspose to go onto the vaccum like from the brake booster. This is the name I got from alldata Vacuum Brake Booster Check Valve. Now, this is a small canister looking thing from the line that goes from the vaccum like on the brake booster inline on the tube to the back of the intake manifold correct? I remember reading something on here about it being a one way check valve. Well guess what. My car doesn't have that stupid one way check valve and it just dawned on me that it could be the reason my car is so retarded with it's idle. I've replaced most of the front sensors and still I am having it.

Please let me know if this canister type thing (small, smaller than a small can of fruit) that fits inline on the vaccum line that goes from the back of the intake manifold to the vaccumn brake booster is suspose to be there. Right now I just have the nipped comming from the brake booster, stright into a vaccum hose to the mainfold.

Please let me know if there is anything inline with that vaccum line, and if so, where can I get one so I can test my theory out?

Chris

purpose of the check valve is to hold manifold vacuum on the brake booster after the engine is shut off, so you have power-brakes if your engine shuts off unexpectedly.
    the check valve fits into the brake booster and has a large vacuum hose that goes to it. problems with the brake booster, check valve, or hose will create idle problems, yes.

i'm not sure about vacuum routing on the 3.4. there should be an emissions sticker somewhere under the hood in the engine compartment that shows you where each vacuum line should go. this information will tell you what is supposed to be routed where. some systems i have seen use a vacuum accumulator inline with the booster supply to provide additional power assist in the absence of adequate manifold vacuum. this accumulator may also store manifold vacuum for climate control vacuum doors. many vacuum leaks can be traced to the HVAC system or the power brake booster. and many idle problems can be traced to vacuum leaks.

hope this helped
    ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X