Engine Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Rebuild

Since I blew a head gasket and I'm at a 100K miles, I'm not gonna waste my money and just replace the gasket. I'm doing a full rebuild with the parts that are readily available. The block will be rehoned, all Cleavite bearings, Total Seal piston rings, ARP bolts, MX gaskets all around, I'm looking into shot-peening and polishing the connecting rods (depending on turn-around time), and possibly Swain Coating the stock slugs. While I'm at it, I'll be getting a new water pump, a rebuild on the oil pump, new MSD coil packs, a resurfaced flywheel w/ a new clutch plate to go w/ my Centerforce pressure plate, and the Conical Valve Springs from SuperSix. The heads, Intake manifolds and cam are only 20k miles old, so those will stay as is. I'd also like to polish the TB. I don't plan on getting the MAFT+ just yet. Maybe in a few months. I hope to have it back in a couple weeks (knock on wood). When I'm done, the motor should have everything on it that's available for, minus the MAFT+ or a poweradder. That's a good feeling. From there, it's time to work on suspension and launching techniques. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanx,
    Royce
    GM 3800 PowerPak guinea pig<p>\"what cam, that\'s just a nasty mis-fire...\"

TTT
    GM 3800 PowerPak guinea pig<p>\"what cam, that\'s just a nasty mis-fire...\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X