Y87

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y87

I have a 2001 A4 firebird, how can i tell if i have the performance package, or i guess its also the Y87 package with the 3.42 gears, etc?? If you dont have the package are the gears 3.08?? thanks
    2001 A4 Firebird<br />W68 package, 3.42s<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/firebirdguy225\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Check on your build code sheet, its on the inside of the drivers door.

If it says, Y87 on there....your in like Flynn!

If not, start to save up so that you can upgrade!

Comment

i have a y81 code and i noticed that both tires sometime spin but not usualy just wondering if that is the open end or what ~shrug~
      91 Eagle Talon Awd Turbo 5 speed FOR SALE 6000$<br />Looking for a Fiero GT<br /><a href=\"http://www.swdsm.net\" target=\"_blank\">www.swdsm.net</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by lord_gufi:
        i have a y81 code and i noticed that both tires sometime spin but not usualy just wondering if that is the open end or what ~shrug~<hr></blockquote>

Y81 is the RPO for a V6 Firebird, look for G80 - that is for the LSD.
        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I also have Y81 and not the Y87 on my door, BUT I have G80(lsd) and GU6(3.42) on my door. I don't know why GM did it like that.
          <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

GM didnt do it like that, the person you bought it from did.

for some reason the orig. owner just wanted 3.42 gears and LSD. the y87 comes with v8 steering and disc breaks in the rear along w/ the gears and LSD. maybe they were already scraping cash together for the gears etc. and couldnt afford y87. who knows :(
            1991 firebird - sold<br />1994 camaro v6 - lady ran red light<br /> *totaled*<br />1996 Camaro v6 RS sport package 5 spd - 8mm wires/ platinum plugs, z28 clutch@assembly, powerslot rottors, hiPo brake pads, hiPo power steering pump, larger tie rods and hubs, 1le tranny mounts

Comment

Jason S is right about steering; Y87 also includes dual exhaust outlets and 235/55/16 tires.

As far as brakes - 4 wheel discs are standard on later Birds ,including 2001.
              I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
              CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
              FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jason S:
                GM didnt do it like that, the person you bought it from did.
                :(
                <hr></blockquote>

Sorry, but you're wrong. I bought my car brand new. GM DID make some cars standard with 3.42s and LSD, and rear disc brakes, but it also didn't have the Y87 code on the door neither. My car came with all of the above including dual exhaust and ground efx, but no Y87 on the door..

[ August 25, 2002: Message edited by: shortdog273 ]</p>
                <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Hey guys i have a 99 firebird, and i have the W68, GU6, and Y87.

Just a question for all you out there, does anyone have any info about what all those codes mean. I would really like to know

Thanks
                  Mike<br /><a href=\"http://www.my99firebird.gq.nu\" target=\"_blank\">www.my99firebird.gq.nu</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by magic1872:
                    Hey guys i have a 99 firebird, and i have the W68, GU6, and Y87.

Just a question for all you out there, does anyone have any info about what all those codes mean. I would really like to know

Thanks
                    <hr></blockquote>

All details are in the Technical Database.

Raven

Comment

couldn't find them do you have a link or something???? Sorry!!!
                      Mike<br /><a href=\"http://www.my99firebird.gq.nu\" target=\"_blank\">www.my99firebird.gq.nu</a>

Comment

Not, THe SES light.
                        The door panel information

Comment

http://tech.firebirdv6.com/

that was easy!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by magic1872:
                            couldn't find them do you have a link or something???? Sorry!!!<hr></blockquote>

For those that don't know, the link is at the top of the Main Message Board page.

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                              New Owner!
                              by LETZRIDE
                              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                              2 days ago
                            • ssms5411
                              Little work today
                              by ssms5411
                              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                              2 weeks ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X