Mechanic said it was a lifter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechanic said it was a lifter.

He said it wasn't all that bad and that it's very light.. he said if it get's worse than to bring it back but most likely it won't and it will just stay the same and not get any louder and to put oil adative in it so i did.. but shall not know till a few day's... since i won't be driving much... my dad's pretty smart he called it with out even hearing it.. but he was a mechanic at one time hehehe.. and for good new's hopefully my catco will come in today and so will my hooker exhaust system...
    Old 2003 gt, Pullies, k&n air filter, tb and spacer, off road xpipe, catback exhaust accufab plenum, volant cai. quadrant clutch, cable, firewall adjuster, predator programmer and 180 thermo with 255/40/17 nittos on the back

My mechanic said it was a lifter also.... but! Our cars are bad about the injectors ticking and it sounds almost exactly like a lightly sticking valve. while the engine is running put your hand on the enjectors and see if u feel it pulsing in time with the tick. might save u a lil peace of mind
    -Matt<br />Manager/Tech Support<br />Precision Speed & High Performance<br /><br />visit us on the web at:<br /><a href=\"http://www.precisionspeedonline.net\" target=\"_blank\">www.precisionspeedonline.net</a>

Comment

My car makes a clacking sound like crazy when the car is taken to high rpms and then suddenly let off, it clacks and clacks until the rpms drop. Its not the ticking, I can hear that too. My dad was also a mechanic, and he said its a lifter, but when I told him we have roller lifters, he said it probably shouldn't be a lifter, any other ideas???
      1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
      1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X