yeahhh oil again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeahhh oil again

ok, well i cleaned under my car yesterday cause yes it's still leaking oil.

did the rear main seal, oil pan gasket, crankshaft seal.

it's not the oil sending unit.

when i look behind the engine it looks like it's coming from the upper part of the engine. driping down to the oil pan and it's all over the crossmember.

went i just felt around the vavle cover it felt dry but there is still oil on the ground so i don't think that it.

my car is running perfect. what do i look at next?
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Look at the back of the intake oil likes to run
    down the back and it looks like rear main is
    leaking. had it happen on a smallblock chev
    drove me crazy looking for the leak.

Comment

man, I wish my girlfriend would figure out how to CHANGE her oil.

I was gonna say check the intake too, but it are sister engine that's notorious for that, not ours. Could there possibly be any cracks, hairlines that could be causing this??

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
      05' CTS-V
      00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

if it was a crack wouldn't there be other things going wrong. the car runs perfect. and when i changed out everything the last time it didn't leak for a few weeks.
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Unless it is leaking a quart a week, forget it as the repair is
          much more expensive than adding oil. If it runs fine, leave
          it alone. If you have the cash, get it fixed....to save $6 per
          for oil
          Phil

Comment

i doubt that it's a crack. it's only drops a day
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Even one drop per week would drive me crazy! Get the car up on ramp, slide under there with a florescent light and a small mirror (for the hard to see area's), and have look around. Get some shop towels and wipe the block clean, then see if & where the leak is coming from. It's a primitive way to look, but it's probably your best method.
              sigpic

Comment

dipping at the back of the motor?
                www.turbov6camaro.com
                1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Thank god for this post, i was just about to make one. Yea both my cars have started to leak oil.

Firebird...120k miles 3.4l
                  Has been sitting for 5 months or so. Moved it the other day there was a good size spot of oil under her. Checked everything i could see without jacking up the car(was wet)engine is perfectly dry and cant find any oil anywhere. Car sits and doesnt move but leaks oil?? any suggestions

Camaro 120K + 3.4l
                  Fixed the head gasket last year. Only drive it in the winter and it leaks pretty bad. Car leaks as soon as you turn it off and drips for a lil while. Checked under and abouve the car and engine looks dry. I can see where it is dripping from(by oil pan) but i cannot follow it without a lift. any suggestions?

Both cars run perfectly fine besides the oil problem. I dont want to let it go cause it makes the driveway/road look like sht.
                  1994 firebird red t-tops 115K miles. needs paint job badly<br /><br />1993 camaro - gone<br /><br />1995 camaro - rdy to be drivin :)<br /><br />1987 camaro - slow *** v8 - blew it up ha

Comment

Originally posted by kristen:
                    when i look behind the engine it looks like it's coming from the upper part of the engine. driping down to the oil pan and it's all over the crossmember.
                    Same here! It's driving me crazy! First I thought it was an oil pan leak, then I thought it was a rear main seal leak, but when the guy at Next Level Performance put my car up on a lift we saw oil coming from the top/back of the motor. So now I don't know what the h*** is leaking! LOL [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                    2002 Z28 A4
                    SLP Lid | TSP Rumbler | P&P Throttle Body | No Cats | 3.42s | M/T Drag Radials | No Front Sway Bar

12.76 @ 108.42 w/ 1.90 60’

Comment

Mine does the same thing, but it's only a drop or two a week ... the way I'm looking at it right now is ... "If it ain't leaking, it's empty" [img]graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]
                      \'97 Firebird 3.8 ... 1/4 mile = 12.50 (minutes)

Comment

if you cant find it its prbly the the rear cover
                        www.turbov6camaro.com
                        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

it is common for our cars to drip some. My 97 does it and my brothers 99 does it. It is very slow and I just leave it alone. As long as my oil isn't low and the car is running strong I don't care.
                          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Same problem I had. My extended warranty did covered just part of the cost for those oil leaks. They were trying several times, replacing the rear seal, gaskets, the oil pan. I pay about 950.00. Maybe without the warranty I were paid the dobble. I think the expense worth it. I can tolerate that oil smelling.
                            Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

Originally posted by ratpwr:
                              Look at the back of the intake oil likes to run
                              down the back and it looks like rear main is
                              leaking.
                              Agreed.

Mine is leaking from the rear of the intake manifold, has been for a long time, and the driver side valve cover. I keep a pan under the car in my garage.

Dealer wants $721 to fix. NOT!!
                              Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X