Service Engine Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Engine Soon

How do you reset that stupid light on a 2000 camaro. I think its computer controlled.
    I had to get a new fuel filter and that was the problem. The light disappeared and 75 miles later returned. I'm certain that is the problem though.
    How do I reset that light, I don't have the money to hook it back to the OBD-II.
    2000 Light Pewter Metallic<br />RIP...15FEB03

You can't reset it, it has to be turned off. If it was OBD I you could un hook the battery for about 10 minutes but that won't work with OBD II
    97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

A website told me this
      1. Turn key on but don't start car.
      2. Pull PCM BAT and PCM IGN fuses in engine compartment.
      3. Wait a few minutes.
      4. Turn ignition off.
      5. Replace fuses.

I don't know where the PCM BAT and PCM IGN fuses are.
      I really don't know much about cars.

Comment

uhm... how are you POSITIVE that its the problem... try pulling the codes to make sure...

Comment

Well I paid 125.00 to have the car put on the computer at my Chevy Dealer. The dealership told me that was the problem and put a new one in. They told me I had a little condensation in the gas tank also and gave me a product to get it out.
          It's been 75 miles since it was on the computer. I'm pretty sure, it is still the same problem.

Comment

The PCM BAT and PCM IGN fuses are in the fuse box under the hood.
            97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

IF the chevy dealer did the work, they shouldve reset the PCM for you. I'd take it back and complain about it.
              2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
              Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

actually the PCM Batt and PCM IGN fuses are in the fuse box in side the car on the side of the dash, not under the hood.
                Jared W. Drummond<br />jdrummon@vt.edu<br />1997 3.8 Firebird M5<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler* *SLP Cold Air Intake* *Zexel-Torsen LSD* *1-Piece DS* *Eibach Pro-Kit* *Removed MAF Screen* *Manual Fan Switch* *Mobil 1 Oils*<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Pioneer Premier DEH-920R Headunit* *Orion Cobalt 6 1/2\'s* *Sub Stealth Box w/ Alpine SWR-1021D* *Kenwood 728S Amp for Sub*

Comment

Who takes their car to the dealer anyway unless it is under warranty? If you want to throw your money away, try throwing it this way next time.
                  1993 3.4 <br />Borla rear section<br />3 inch Catco High Flow Cat<br />2.75 inch I pipe (Picked one up from an LT-1 guy for a whole $10)<br />K&N Fipk <br />180° T-stat<br />Jet Stage II<br />10 Spoke Z28 Wheels<br />NGK\'s, Taylor Spiros<br />Mobil 1 synthetic<p>Email Viper2@chesnet.net for 4th gen replacement parts.

Comment

THis is how it works on my Camaro:

Turn the ignition key forward (dont turn the engine on)

Hold down the trip button and push the cruise control button.

Hold both for 30 seconds or so till the check engine light blinks and then it goes away.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dekay:
                      THis is how it works on my Camaro:

Turn the ignition key forward (dont turn the engine on)

Hold down the trip button and push the cruise control button.

Hold both for 30 seconds or so till the check engine light blinks and then it goes away.
                      <hr></blockquote>

I don't know what year/model Camaro you have, but I have a 1997 3.8L RS and that does not work at all..I tried a few times..You have an LT1,LS1, anything else?
                      1997 Camaro RS A4 <br />3.08 Rear<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/470169\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/470169</a><p>Mods:<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler <br />MSD Ignition Coils<p>Soon to be installed:<br />3.42 Gears<br />MSD Plug Wires

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by vtv6firebird:
                        actually the PCM Batt and PCM IGN fuses are in the fuse box in side the car on the side of the dash, not under the hood.<hr></blockquote>

Not on the 98+ cars.They are under the hood on the left side.
                        ~S87 Black 99 Firebird~

Comment

i don't think a fuel filter is your problem.
                          have codes pulled, either at dealer or at AZ.
                          ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

They do it autozone for free i think.

Comment

I have OBD II and it resets when I unhook the battery. It takes forever but it goes off. Mine comes back on still cause I haven't gotten it fixed but if you only unhooked it for 5 minutes try longer cause it takes like 20 minutes for mine to go off. Unhook the battery and turn the key on and leave it on for 20 min. Then turn it off and hook everything back up and start it up.
                              Another thing to think about that happens on mine is even though I havn't fixed my problem my ses light stays off from 70-100 miles. The dealership might not have fixed your problem but appeared that way until the computer had finish going through all it's system checks.
                              My suggestion is to go to Autozone and let them test it, I think it's still for free but either way they show you in person the codes being tripped and what they mean. Then post them on here and get some advice on what it could be. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X