Manual Windows - Very Hard to open. please help - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manual Windows - Very Hard to open. please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual Windows - Very Hard to open. please help

Well, my driver's side MANUAL window is extremely hard to open... I will go to turn the handle and it doesn't turn.... i have to use so much force to open it, i might break the handle off. Why would this be doing this? How can I fix it?
    <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

When did it start? Is it easier to turn if you pull outwards on the handle? Have you ever removed your door panel?

If you know how, remove the door panel and check out the mechanism (its a simple gear system). If you don't know how reply and I'll explain how so you don't fubar that door [img]smile.gif[/img] .

I had a similar problem when I reinstalled my door after doing my speakers. Somehow removing the whole piece and reinstalling it fixed it and I haven't had a problem since. Hopefully its not something bad like the window coming out of the track or is now somehow misaligned with the frame of the car and door...
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

ok... pushing it away from me would supposed to open window... it's really hard to do.... REALLY HARD!!... when i actually get the window down (any length) i can put it back up with no problem at all... and no i have never taken ANYTHING inmy door apart....
      <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X