Can fuel pressure be too high?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can fuel pressure be too high?

I installed my fuel pressure gauge a couple days ago and I know the average is supposed to be around 40-50 psi, but mine is 72 average at idle and 81 average under acceleration, 85 average at wot. My fuel pressure regulator was replaced a few months ago. Could this pressure be potentially damaging?
    98 NOS\'d Camaro 3.8 A4<br />99 Hyundai Elantra 2.0 A4

i would first verify that the readings you're getting are accurate. the fuel line quick-connect seals will often begin to spray fuel at such high pressures.
    according to factory manual for 99 model, (with stock press regulator) "fuel press in excess of 65 psi may damage the fuel pres regulator." (pg 6-1232, step 16.)

if indeed your measurements are accurate, you risk develpoing leaks from injector o-ring seals, fuel line seals, and damaging injectors themselves. if you are using aftermarket press regulator, replace with one with lower max fuel press. if you need more fuel than is specified, try a higher volume injector instead of increasing pressure.
    ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X