Best spark plugs for n/a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best spark plugs for n/a

I know I sound like a newbie on this question, but what is the best type of spark plugs for my cammed n/a motor. I've always run plat plugs but I've been told those aren't the best for all out performance. I looked in the archive section and i didn't feel like doing a search and getting all 20,000 returns on this topic ;)
    thanx,
    Royce
    GM 3800 PowerPak guinea pig<p>\"what cam, that\'s just a nasty mis-fire...\"

N/A i ALWAYS suggest AC platinums unless you begin having problems related to heat range. AC plats are perfect even for engines with the PP. don't fall into the lure of the marketing artist trying to tell you a spark plug will give you 5-20 HP. good coils, good wires, and good AC Plat plugs (gapped properly and installed to the proper torque) is the best set-up for ANY nat aspirated 3800.

if you have N2O or supercharger/turbocharger, you may need a plug with a different heat range to avoid detonation and excessive PCM ignition retard.
    ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

I got Bosch plat +4's, and I could tell a noticible diff over stock ;)
      1997 30th Anniversary A4 w/ some mods

Comment

*cough* placebo effect *cough*
        :D
        just kidding....
        spark plugs won't give you more HP. maybe changing your old plugs made you feel a little pep that had been lost due to deposits and wear on the old plugs, so it feels like the new plugs gave you more power.
        but spark plugs do not make HP. anyone telling you otherwise is either misinformed or they are trying to sell you something. usually both.
        ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

i switched to the ngk iridium plugs. supposedly, they should fire with less voltage than platinum plugs. they seem similar to the ac platinum plugs as far as construction. seem to run fine in the car. the idle is smoother but then again the old plugs were near end of life.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JML97-3.8:
            I got Bosch plat +4's, and I could tell a noticible diff over stock ;) <hr></blockquote>

+4's are grabage, do not use them.
            <b>LS1 RX7! </b> &#0124;&#0124; <a href=\"http://www.no-bling.com/image_galleries/index.php?action=viewgallery&gallery=galleries/eyeoutthere_LS1_FC\" target=\"_blank\">Full Gallery</a> <br /><br />LT1 Header Informtion/survey

Comment

Thanx guys, I already have the AC Delco 3x plat plugs.
              GM 3800 PowerPak guinea pig<p>\"what cam, that\'s just a nasty mis-fire...\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by EyeOutThere:
                +4's are grabage, do not use them.<hr></blockquote>

amen brotha.... perfect example of exquisite marketing of a horrible product.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X