Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I notice that ThunderRacing only has the 160 Thermy for 93-97. Will this work on my 98?
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1998firebird\" target=\"_blank\">Red 1998 Firebird</a>

The Hypertech Superstat part number for the 160 degree thermo you need is 1009.
    2001 Camaro M5 Coupe(1 of 2,737), no options, Whisper Lid, K&N Air Filter, Free Ram Air, MAFS Screen removed, SLP Manual Fan Switch, 160 thermo, DEE\'s T/B Spacer, EGR Block-off plate, IAT resistor, CAI to EGR air feed, B&M Ripper Shifter, SLP Replacement Grill, T/A Exhaust, SLP five spoke take-off wheels, BMR strut-tower brace, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR 32/21 front & rear sway bars with poly, BMR Poly/Combo Rear Control Arms, Clear front & rear corners, HPP3 modified 87 Octane program.<p><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/red2k1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/red2k1</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Red2K1:
      The Hypertech Superstat part number for the 160 degree thermo you need is 1009.<hr></blockquote>

93-97 thermo is the 1009.It will work in 98+.Just got mine yesterday from thunder racing. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
      ~S87 Black 99 Firebird~

Comment

Yeah it works, I got mine in 98 actually when the bird was brand new and this was one of the first mods I did.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Just did mine today...
          What fun that was...Dex-Cool all over the place!

Comment

that stuff is disgusting... you haven't seen anything until your water pump goes bad and it SPRAYS all over your engine bay and eventually runs out into your garage and down your driveway. [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

I might have to do this for my poor NW car that is still trying to adjust to the heat and it may as well be done when I flush out my coolant system.
            1994 Camaro 3.4L M5 R.I.P.<br />You know what they say- a small engine means big... errr... e/t\'s<br /><a href=\"http://www.pbase.com/rrj72/the_accident\" target=\"_blank\">www.pbase.com/rrj72/the_accident</a><p>replaced with: red 97 A4 vert (my brothers as soon as i find my REAL replacement)<p>soon to come: 1969 RS/SS<p>\"All you need are the esentials: scented candles, massage oil, and Berry White write that down.\" -Van Wilder

Comment

I am still pending installation of my 160 degree thermo... I got the guide from installU... but of course its for the v8!

Any detailed instructions on how to install on our v6es

Comment

I got a question regarding 160 degree thermos... Aside from the heat not being real warm in the winter (I'm in Massachusetts) are there any problems having a 160 degree thermo when it's cold out? I'm assuming I'd need to let the car warm up for a few minutes (I do that anyway during the winter) .. Anything else?

Comment

I ran my 160 for half of the winter last year, and I ended up swapping back in the stock 195 becuase I couldn't take it anymore. Our winter weather should be pretty much identical.

With the heater on full blast, I got luke warm air at best, and it took forever to get warm enough for even that.

And letting the car warm up doesn't help if you do any highway driving at all, because once you get that ice-cold air running across the radiator for a little while you're temp will drop right back down.

Do the 160, but plan on swapping it back in late October. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

This past winter was actually kind of warm. It didn't get below freezing much at all. I guess I can try a 160 and see what happens. Having a 160 degree thermo won't make the fan run constantly or anything like that?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Infernal:
                    I ran my 160 for half of the winter last year, and I ended up swapping back in the stock 195 becuase I couldn't take it anymore. Our winter weather should be pretty much identical.

With the heater on full blast, I got luke warm air at best, and it took forever to get warm enough for even that.

And letting the car warm up doesn't help if you do any highway driving at all, because once you get that ice-cold air running across the radiator for a little while you're temp will drop right back down.

Do the 160, but plan on swapping it back in late October. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    <hr></blockquote>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X