Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetchip Trouble

Hey Guys,
    I just installed the jetchip scu2000 and it works great, almost. The speedo is ok. And when i drive normally I shift ok. BUT, when I floor it and slam on the gas the rpms go past 5500 and when the gears switch it feels like it bogs down a little. Like it feels like when the tranny is slipping. But when I take out the scu2000, everything is fine. Could my new scu2000 be busted??

I also got a SES light. I took it to autozone and they did say my tranny was slipping. So i'm not sure.
    Whisper Lid, SLP CAI, KN Filter, 3\" HiFlo Carsound Cat, full 3\" mandrel-bent piping, Flowmaster 80s, Casper O2 Sim, BM Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 3300 Torque Converter, Corvette Servo, 3.42 gears, SLP take-off LSD, Manual Fan Switch, & 160 Thermostat.

take it out & leave it out then... you don't want that to happen, esp if you car is not under warranty.
    2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

You think it could be the chip?? Coz as long as it doesn't shift past 5500, everything is ok. The shifts are still firm.
      Whisper Lid, SLP CAI, KN Filter, 3\" HiFlo Carsound Cat, full 3\" mandrel-bent piping, Flowmaster 80s, Casper O2 Sim, BM Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 3300 Torque Converter, Corvette Servo, 3.42 gears, SLP take-off LSD, Manual Fan Switch, & 160 Thermostat.

Comment

Its not really a jetchip.. its a Jet SCU. Jetchip is something different that goes on the pcm.

You really need to play with the settings, find out where it likes it the best.. if you make your changes to accurate, you will hit your rev limiter before you reach your shift point.

Also, this is general tech stuff so I'm moving it there.
        Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

But if I dont make my settings accurate and mess with them some more then won't my speedo be off again?? That's why I got it in the first place so that my speedo can be recalibrated.

Comment

Hey guys,
            I just tried messing with the tire settings. I'm suppose to be using 3 and 3. So I tried adjusting and I went as far as 7 for the modified tire size. Still no go. I still hit the rev limiter. Is there a way to just remove the rev limiter??

Comment

Try 3 and 2. That's what I'm running. Yeah, my WOT shifts are close to 6000 rpms, but no bog. My gears are 3.08, stock tire size was 26.2, modified tire size is 25.6. Speedo was reading slower than it should with modified settings set to 3 and 3. Regular driving shift points are close to normal. Oh, turn car off before making changes, make changes, then drive at least 15 minutes before making more adjustments. You'll get it.
              <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

Hey,
                I just tried 3 and 4 and it worked. I disconnected the battery when I did that. Which would give me a better speedo reading? 3 and 2 or 3 and 4?

Comment

Depends on what your stock tire size was. I had mine originally set at 3 and 3. Then I changed to 3 and 4. After the change, some of my gear shifts were taking place about 500-700rpms too high during normal driving. Then I set it back to 3 and 3. Went on a 150 mile cruise, and my trip meter only read 134. I thought that I had noticed that it seemed I was going faster than the speedo said. So now I'm on 3 and 2, and the mileage seems right as well as the speed.

I don't think that half sizes matter with the tires. If you tire size is 25.6, set the modified ratio to 25. Hope this helps
                  <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

hmmm....my stock tire size was
                    235/55/16.
                    Now my new tires are 255/45/17.

What would you recommend?

Comment

anyone have any recommendations?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X