Doing my own A/C work.... Question... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doing my own A/C work.... Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing my own A/C work.... Question...

Ok, here's the situation. My A/C has been blowing hot for a couple years now so I figured it was time to fix it, so I take it to a shop. They say my compressor is bad and to do all the work and recharge/flush the system its like $1100!! [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] So I figure I can do this myself. I've got a reman compressor, accum/drier, and orifice tube sitting downstairs (just came today) and I was reading the warranty and it says I need to replace the inline filter tube as well. I'm not sure where this is, I also need to find out where exactly the orifice tube is. Any help is appreciated...

I just plan on installing the parts, I will then take it to a shop to be flushed, oiled, and charged.

[ July 24, 2003: Message edited by: LilRedBuggy ]</p>
    1997 Camaro RS, 3800II, Y87, A4, Red, 30th Anniversary, 145k, SLP CAI, Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm wires...

I'm looking in my parts manual, and the only filter is:
    Core Filter, Part #52458971, and should cost roughly $20 from GM (not sure if it's the right one though, but it's the only A/C filter listed).
    It looks like it sits inside of the dashboard, right behind of the heater core. I'm sure we ALL know how much of a B!TCH it is to get to the heater core :mad:

-Marc
    sigpic

Comment

The inline filter tube is another name for the orifice tube, or a secondary orifice tube. That's all it is. Chances are the one you have and the one you are reading about are one and the same.
      <b>15.41</b> @ 89.80 & 15.45 @ <b>91.64</b>, 2.21 60ft, 3,440 raceweight, using <b>OEM</b> Equipment. <br />\'98 L67/M49 w/ 134,000 miles before spun bearing. \"<i>It\'s all stock, Baby</i>!\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        2 days ago
      • ssms5411
        Little work today
        by ssms5411
        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
        2 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X