question regarding stock power..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question regarding stock power..

whats the stock ammount of power and torque to the rear wheels on a 3.4??
    what is generally the power loss along the drivetrain?? I think its like 25 percent?? or is it more? thanks a lot!

I would guess 125hp at the wheels. My car pushed 170hp at the wheels when it was stock
    Jeff ..
    1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
    2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
    1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
    http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 1998silverbird:
      I would guess 125hp at the wheels. My car pushed 170hp at the wheels when it was stock<hr></blockquote>How did you get that number? Stock should be 136hp. Isn't it a 15% loss to the rear wheels?
      \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

I heard about 20% loss for a stick and 25% loss for a auto
        Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

well on the same day I had a friend G-tech both my 3.8 and my buddies 3.4

I got 174RWHP and he got 145RWHP (bone stock) on his 3.4. Was about 90F w/lots of humidity...hope this helps

Comment

99camaro99, what all mods did you have when you pulled that 174hp? I did a dyno pull with the FRA, K&N, MAF screen removed, PVC piece replacing the air silencer, Flowmaster, WS6 tailpipes, Bosch plugs and wires, and 91 octane gas with a bottle of Redline FI cleaner, and I pulled a best of 169rwhp. I don't know if my numbers are low, or about right for the mods that I have.
            Also, how did you modify your cat? I'm wondering if I would get better gains doing that, or putting in a LS1 manifold to Y-pipe section.

[ June 21, 2002: Message edited by: Guardsman ]</p>
            Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Shadly:
              How did you get that number? Stock should be 136hp. Isn't it a 15% loss to the rear wheels?<hr></blockquote>

He has a '98, it's a 3.8L V6. But you are right, stock on a 3.4L V6 is around 135hp at the wheels.
              2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X